1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 May '07 03:22
    If I understand the rules correctly, in order to be eligible to participate in this tournament, your tournament rating has to be between 1525 and 1650. Your tournament rating is your highest rating + your current rating divided by 2, but is never lower than 100 points below your highest rating. If all that is true, how come one of the players in this tournament has a tournament rating of 1655 (abejnood)? Just curious to know what I am missing? I know if my rating is 5 points under a band, it won't allow me to play up a band. Any help would be appreciated in explaining this. Thanks.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 05:18
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    If I understand the rules correctly, in order to be eligible to participate in this tournament, your tournament rating has to be between 1525 and 1650. Your tournament rating is your highest rating + your current rating divided by 2, but is never lower than 100 points below your highest rating. If all that is true, how come one of the players in this to ...[text shortened]... it won't allow me to play up a band. Any help would be appreciated in explaining this. Thanks.
    This one occurs every few days - but to save you reading a thread further down the page ... Ratings are only checked at time of entry. If an entered player improves whilst waiting for the start, they are not removed from the list. BTW-5 points above upper limit is tiny. I've seen 200+ on occasion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree