1. UK
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 23:17
    Hi there,

The site rules say you are not allowed to use engines or help from a third party. Does that also include consulting opening books? What abo8ut intersactive opening websites like ChessOps?

I've been made aware of the site but it looks too much like getting an expert to help with openings so assumed it was a breach of terms to use it.

Baron
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 23:43
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    Hi there,

The site rules say you are not allowed to use engines or help from a third party. Does that also include consulting opening books? What abo8ut intersactive opening websites like ChessOps?

I've been made aware of the site but it looks too much like getting an expert to help with openings so assumed it was a breach of terms to use it.

Baron
    Opening books and databases are allowed. Interactive opening systems should be fine as well considering RHP runs this:

http://redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/
  3. UK
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 17:05
    Thanks. That seems to be a well hidden link. I cannot find it linked anywhere on the main pages

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree