Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 07 Mar '10 00:22
    Hello all,

On the off chance you can help, recently got an old notepad off a friend and having re-formatted the machine it would appear I'm without Audio capability, I'm running a 'Asus' A7V......The machine is quite old, has xp, Intel centrino. I've been to Asus's website to find the right driver but I'm out of my depth(Having downloaded a few Zip files). What is unusual about my machine is that it has:...prev/next/stop/play and pause buttons at the base of the mouse pad, seperate from the keyboard if that helps?
  2. Subscriber Mctayto
    Highlander
    07 Mar '10 14:32
    Reformatting has cleared its knowledge of drivers etc. so you are on the right track. Have you not got a disk with driver info eg backup disk ?
  3. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    07 Mar '10 21:17
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Hello all,

On the off chance you can help, recently got an old notepad off a friend and having re-formatted the machine it would appear I'm without Audio capability, I'm running a 'Asus' A7V......The machine is quite old, has xp, Intel centrino. I've been to Asus's website to find the right driver but I'm out of my depth(Having downloaded a few Zi ...[text shortened]... and pause buttons at the base of the mouse pad, seperate from the keyboard if that helps?
    Is it this model?
    http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=7rfztxgY183REcxM

If so click the Download tab then the Audio option. That should be the driver you're after.
  4. 07 Mar '10 22:59
    Christ alive!!........cheers guys, Mac/Sin, once again a great source of knowledge here at RHP......now if it's alright I'll crawl back under my rock.
  5. 07 Mar '10 23:03
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Reformatting has cleared its knowledge of drivers etc. so you are on the right track. Have you not got a disk with driver info eg backup disk ?
    No, no disk, a friend of a friend of a friend supplied the Windows data however Deamon Sin got me on the right path, all ok now thanks for the replie though.