Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 09 Nov '06 14:38 / 1 edit
    I thought that in tournament games a win was automatically claimed two days after the time-out period has elapsed (including the timebank)?

However, I am currently playing a tournament game where I have the skull now for 3 days. My opponent has moved last on Oct 30 13:41, and we have a 7 day time-out period and no time-bank.

So he should have been automatically timed out.

Is this not always true?

While I am typing it, he has moved but: "Nov 09 16:31" - "Oct 30 13:41" > 10 days, so the question remains. Why wasn't he timed-out.

Anyone knows?
  2. Standard member KJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    10 Nov '06 03:03
    PM Russ with this one.
  3. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    10 Nov '06 21:44
    I've experimented with this too, and have found its not exact 2 days as well.. I've seen 3, 4.. anything after 4 I don't risk in case the person makes a move
  4. Standard member impatient
    Big Cheese
    13 Nov '06 16:40
    anyone hear the answer on this?
  5. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    13 Nov '06 18:06
    Originally posted by adje
    I thought that in tournament games a win was automatically claimed two days after the time-out period has elapsed (including the timebank)?

However, I am currently playing a tournament game where I have the skull now for 3 days. My opponent has moved last on Oct 30 13:41, and we have a 7 day time-out period and no time-bank.

So he should have been automa ...[text shortened]... Oct 30 13:41" > 10 days, so the question remains. Why wasn't he timed-out.

Anyone knows?
    I think that a lot of the seemingly automatic things on this site, are only semi automatic, and need an admin to kick them off.

I may be wrong,

D
  6. 13 Nov '06 20:08
    So, the exact conditions of the automatic time-out remain unknown.

Thanks everyone.
  7. 14 Nov '06 19:48
    It makes sense to me that the admins would not want an automatic timeout.
    Suppose some or other problem leads to site unavailability; RHP could end up with a number of disgruntled customers whose games were automatically timed out while the site was unavailable.
    It is much safer to have this a manual process. Also, the admis probably wouldn't even bother with that if not for the problem: that games 'not timed out' draw out the tournaments unnecessarily.
  8. 14 Nov '06 20:12
    Originally posted by craigy
    It makes sense to me that the admins would not want an automatic timeout.
    Suppose some or other problem leads to site unavailability; RHP could end up with a number of disgruntled customers whose games were automatically timed out while the site was unavailable.
    It is much safer to have this a manual process. Also, the admis probably wouldn't even bo ...[text shortened]... at if not for the problem: that games 'not timed out' draw out the tournaments unnecessarily.
    That indeed does make sense. That probably answers it.