1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 07:58
    I attempted several times to post a short article (less than one screenful) in a public forum thread, but each time my post was immediately rejected by robomod. It allowed me to post the first sentence but that was about it. No inflammatory or obscene words in the text and I can't see anything in the text that could have caused any difficulty. Is there a size limit on posts, and if that's the problem, why wasn't it simply truncated in the same way as a PM is truncated?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Mar '12 22:08
    I've seen some pretty long posts in these forums. Definitely more than one screen full. I'm guessing there is a word in the post that robomod doesn't like.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Mar '12 18:34
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I attempted several times to post a short article (less than one screenful) in a public forum thread, but each time my post was immediately rejected by robomod. It allowed me to post the first sentence but that was about it. No inflammatory or obscene words in the text and I can't see anything in the text that could have caused any difficulty. Is there a s ...[text shortened]... d if that's the problem, why wasn't it simply truncated in the same way as a PM is truncated?
    Have you found out why yet ? Some sites are fussy when attaching a website, fussier still when along with text, I don;t think that's the case here however.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Mar '12 21:04
    Was your post about Scun thorp... wrist-watches, cockpits or have any other words hidden inside a word that might set the thing off?
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 01:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 01:20

7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 01:24

8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 01:243 edits
    I attempted several times to post a short article (less than one screenful) in a public forum thread, but each time my post was immediately rejected by robomod. It allowed me to post the first sentence but that was about it. No inflammatory or obscene words in the text and I can't see anything in the text that could have caused any difficulty. Is there a s ...[text shortened]... d if that's the problem, why wasn't it simply truncated in the same way as a PM is truncated?
    It won;t let me post either !!
    Pathetic, how would a robot know what I'm posting is offensive ...talk about overboard
    !!
    HA, I have it, as Phlabbit indicates, we have a case of the famed 'Scun thorpe problem', and the 'internet obscenity filters'...the filter here cannot detect that the place name is not being used for the second to fifth letter obscene word..and as my post was a direct response to seeing that ( albeit misspelt ) place name, I've had to divide it in two !! You live and learn...
  9. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 05:534 edits

10. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 05:571 edit
    That must be it. I read through the entire text and the only thing I could come up with was a word which had in it the four letters s, h, i, and t in sequence. Next time I want to post a long thing I'll proofread more carefully. 🙂

Wonder what it will do with this quote:

"Sheila Dikshi^t is an Indian politician who has been the Chief Minister of Delhi since 1998."

{proved the point - without the ^ it gets robocopped}
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 00:28
    That must be it. I read through the entire text and the only thing I could come up with was a word which had in it the four letters s, h, i, and t in sequence. Next time I want to post a long thing I'll proofread more carefully. 🙂

Wonder what it will do with this quote:

"Sheila Dikshi^t is an Indian politician who has been the Chief Minister of Delhi since 1998."

{proved the point - without the ^ it gets robocopped}
    No shi^t.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:42
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    HA, I have it, as Phlabbit indicates, we have a case of the famed 'Scun thorpe problem', and the 'internet obscenity filters'...the filter here cannot detect that the place name is not being used for the second to fifth letter obscene word..and as my post was a direct response to seeing that ( albeit misspelt ) place name, I've had to divide it in two !! You live and learn...
    It's a pathetically childish attempt at "cleaning up" the forums. It's been proven not to work hundreds and thousands of times, all over the internet. It never stops the teenagers from posting the language they're supposed to be protected against corrupting their ickle innocent minds with, but it causes no end of problems for innocent people who happen to live in certain places or have certain names. One site even had the temerity to suggest that, if a user with a non-accepted surname wanted to post, he could get his name changed by deed poll! The gall of these political correctness cops is gorget-moving. Luckily RHP has not descended to that level, but the fact that they use a filter which falls for this at all is a blotch on its blazon.

Russ, seriously, you need to get rid of this. It's making you look stupid.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree