1. Santiago
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 00:41
    If the skull appears in a game does the game automatically time out a few days later if the opponent doesn´t move. I am specifically talking about tournament games.

I seem to remember this happening in the past. Is the claiming of a timeout solely at the discretion of players now?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 00:53
    Originally posted by Hopster
    If the skull appears in a game does the game automatically time out a few days later if the opponent doesn´t move. I am specifically talking about tournament games.

I seem to remember this happening in the past. Is the claiming of a timeout solely at the discretion of players now?
    Tourney Time Outs are automatic after a couple day or so. This keeps tournaments moving rather than having everyone wait on a few players.

P-
  3. Santiago
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 01:01
    Cheers.

I would like the win, but prefer it if the machine claims it for me.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 01:10
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Cheers.

I would like the win, but prefer it if the machine claims it for me.
    Send a reminder, or message them. I don't take time outs either, but would in a tournament if the other player tends to not keep up.

I play social... but a tournament is holding up a lot more people than just me.

P-
  5. Joined
    01 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 00:051 edit
    Would an automatic timeout take the game in a tournament when the opponent hasn't made the first move? I've got a final tie-breaker in a tournament with an opponent who hasn't moved in over a month.

New Year '07 Grouped Random 0-1175

Edit: the match is only about a day old

Shaun
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 00:28
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Send a reminder, or message them. I don't take time outs either, but would in a tournament if the other player tends to not keep up.

I play social... but a tournament is holding up a lot more people than just me.

P-
    You're spending an unhealthy amount of time in this forum.
  7. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 02:57
    Originally posted by redpen1919
    Would an automatic timeout take the game in a tournament when the opponent hasn't made the first move? I've got a final tie-breaker in a tournament with an opponent who hasn't moved in over a month.

New Year '07 Grouped Random 0-1175

Edit: the match is only about a day old

Shaun
    I believe you would.
  8. Joined
    01 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 03:05
    Under what circumstances could the game be timed out if the clock hasn't started ticking and who/what would end the game?
  9. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 09:20
    Originally posted by redpen1919
    Under what circumstances could the game be timed out if the clock hasn't started ticking and who/what would end the game?
    A clock is ticking behind the scenes. Game 4246189 is an example of a game which I won by automatic timeout when my opponent never started to play.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 13:36
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    A clock is ticking behind the scenes. Game 4246189 is an example of a game which I won by automatic timeout when my opponent never started to play.
    But you didn't gain any rating points, did you? (as you didn't move two times in the game, hence non-rated game.)
    And did the game give you a win in your statistics?
    But you got your 3 points in the tournament (or rather 6) as the others also did.
    So you didn't really won anything...
  11. Joined
    01 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 14:47
    Thanks for your help. That clears it up nicely.

Shaun
  12. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 04:33
    There is no way of win a game by time out not automatically?
    I need to press any bottom?
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 07:22
    Originally posted by Kalvino
    There is no way of win a game by time out not automatically?
    I need to press any button?
    If you CAN do a timeout, you will see a skull icon in the game line on your My Games page. Click on the skull and you will get a "game won". It will count as a win for you, but you only get the rating points if three moves have been made.
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 16:38
    Ok. Thanks for the help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree