Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Subscriber HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    17 Jul '09 01:41
    I'm having a problem linking with the analysis board.. when I click on the link all I get is the message "error on page" but not the board. Everything was okay until yesterday, when I downloaded the new browser upgrade, Internet Explorer 8, though I can't understand why that would make a difference. Is anyone else having this problem?
  2. 17 Jul '09 10:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I'm having a problem linking with the analysis board.. when I click on the link all I get is the message "error on page" but not the board. Everything was okay until yesterday, when I downloaded the new browser upgrade, Internet Explorer 8, though I can't understand why that would make a difference. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Get Firefox.

    If it works ok with that then it's probably IE8 causing it.

    Or go back to IE7.
  3. Subscriber HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    17 Jul '09 14:30
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Get Firefox.

    If it works ok with that then it's probably IE8 causing it.

    Or go back to IE7.
    Thanks.. I suspect IE8.

    Aside from its affinity for RHP, do you consider Firefox an adequate substitute for IE in other areas of the Internet? I want to avoid solving one problem and creating two new ones (I have Windows XP). Can Firefox be used in addition to IE, or must it be one or the other?

    Where would I get Firefox?
  4. 17 Jul '09 19:39
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Thanks.. I suspect IE8.

    Aside from its affinity for RHP, do you consider Firefox an adequate substitute for IE in other areas of the Internet? I want to avoid solving one problem and creating two new ones (I have Windows XP). Can Firefox be used in addition to IE, or must it be one or the other?

    Where would I get Firefox?
    Get firefox here -http://getfirefox.com.

    You'll still be able to use Internet Explorer - though why you'd want to ...
  5. Subscriber HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    17 Jul '09 20:14
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Get firefox here -http://getfirefox.com.

    You'll still be able to use Internet Explorer - though why you'd want to ...
    Thanks.. I'll take it for a test ride tonight.

    I'm not an Internet Explorer fan either, but I want to be sure I have a reliable replacement before I dump it.
  6. Subscriber HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    18 Jul '09 01:22
    I ran Firefox and the link works fine.. no problem accessing the analysis board. The culprit, it would seem, is Internet Explorer.

    Thanks to Dr. Strangelove and orangutan for recommending Firefox.
  7. 18 Jul '09 14:40 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I ran Firefox and the link works fine.. no problem accessing the analysis board. The culprit, it would seem, is Internet Explorer.

    Thanks to Dr. Strangelove and orangutan for recommending Firefox.
    Now you have Firefox, you can get greasemonkey [a firefox add-on] and then all the extras will be available to you.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748


    then choose here

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

    I use FF everywhere on the internet - no problems at all.

    Good luck.
  8. 19 Jul '09 17:56
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I use FF everywhere on the internet - no problems at all.
    I have used FF for several years. There used to be a few sites (like remote access to work email, for example) that didn't work with FF, but that has been fixed now.
    The only time I use IE nowadays is if there is a table of information that I want to copy. Train timetables are displayed in a table and there are occasions when I want to copy and paste into Word or Excel. With FF the data is pasted as a continuous line of text, whereas IE7 will paste as a table.
    Any other solutions to this?
  9. Subscriber HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    19 Jul '09 18:35
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Now you have Firefox, you can get greasemonkey [a firefox add-on] and then all the extras will be available to you.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748


    then choose here

    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

    I use FF everywhere on the internet - no problems at all.

    Good luck.
    Thank you, Doctor, for sharing your expertise.

    It's like finding buried treasure.
  10. 21 Jul '09 18:50
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Thank you, Doctor, for sharing your expertise.

    It's like finding buried treasure.
    The credit should go mostly to ouroboros, orangutan and wayne1324 for making the scripts methinks.