1. Earth
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 18:25
    I have just received rating points equivalent to a win, for a game in progress against a (now) banned player. The player is Tension 84 for those that may wish to research the point below.

Personally I dont care about these points, as the guy was a computer and I would have been happy with none and the game just being removed.
    However I think I have found an anomaly. Hold the abuse if this has been discussed previously - I haven't checked!
    The guys rating was 2200 something, and it seems it depends on which of his current games was cancelled first as to how many rating points his opponent got. The first game opponent seems to have got a healthy whack of points, but by the time my game was cancelled (which is recorded as a timeout in this case) he was down to a rating of 1243, so I got only two points.
    Is this an anomaly? I would have got 20-odd points had my game been timed out first. To reiterate - I feel no injustice, but just wondered if anyone else had noticed this potential glitch as it seems rating points are being handed out with inequality, which clearly has a knock on for us all in terms of live games etc?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 18:31
    Originally posted by Policestate
    I have just received rating points equivalent to a win, for a game in progress against a (now) banned player. The player is Tension 84 for those that may wish to research the point below.

Personally I dont care about these points, as the guy was a computer and I would have been happy with none and the game just being removed.
    However I think I have f ...[text shortened]... handed out with inequality, which clearly has a knock on for us all in terms of live games etc?
    Consider sending feedback (bottom of every page)

This might be an error, as I was of the understanding that NO points were distributed when a player is banned to avoid what happened to you, and protect against rating inflation (rating points for a game you probably would not have won against an engine user)

P-
  3. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 22:12
    Originally posted by Policestate

However I think I have f ...[text shortened]... handed out with inequality, which clearly has a knock on for us all in terms of live games etc?
    You don't get the rating points you would because if the banned player cheated (in this case), you'd get rating points from a cheater. Make sense?
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '07 00:16
    I think it might be something to do with the game being "timed out".
    When a player has been banned that I was playing it registered as "resignation" so maybe if your opponent's time expires before he's banned you get the points - justifiably in that case I might add.

Just guessing here. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree