1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 16:09
    Originally posted by craigiebaby
    Hey Russ,
    Have tried legacy setting - same problems. Buttons / options don't work...
    BUT - the good news is.... that Firefox seems to be OK. Bit of a pain in the arse as I've not long ago moved ENTIRLEY onto safari (doh!)

I do appreciate all the hard work (honest) just a bit annoying as I really enjoy your site & would be very upset if I could no lo ...[text shortened]...

BTW - don't like Firefox - looks too XPish for my liking - but then I am a Mac user....; )
    If the legacy board does not work on Safari 2 either, then this issue must be localised to your machine. (I could be wrong, but it must be supported, or it would be a near useless browser.)

Is anyone else a Safari 2 user who can confirm this? I would be very interested to know for sure.

-Russ
  2. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 18:03
    To russ and everyone else out there who have responded to my mac os 9.2 problem, its just too much trouble to try and upgrade this old girl so I'm going to defect to the pc world, sorry to all the mac users but I've just had it with the whole set up, whilst at work I tried several different pc's and the whole rhp site was just ten times better so I'm of to get a brand spanker to-morrow, but I'm not leaving the shop until I have tested this sited first on it, so once again thankyou all and goodnight......Ronoc.
  3. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 18:13
    The reason I put up the second thread was merely to entice the mac os 9.2 users for the definitive ans, hence the title, as big problems was neting in those who would seek to patronise rather than help, as I have experianced in the past it eventually dilutes the whole purpose, so I can still conclude that no definitive answer to the macos9.2 situation has been forwarded, O' how quiet the earlybird posters are now, but thanks to all who have contributed in the prefered mannerly way.
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 19:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    I don't have Safari 2.0 available to me, but it is fairly shocking if it no longer works when 1.3.2 is fine.

Anyone else out there in Mac land have Safari 2?
    I run Safari 1.2.4 on Mac OS 10.3.8 and Safari 2.0.something on Mac OS 10.4.4. In both cases I have not experienced any problems.
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 19:04
    Originally posted by ronoc
    To russ and everyone else out there who have responded to my mac os 9.2 problem, its just too much trouble to try and upgrade this old girl so I'm going to defect to the pc world, sorry to all the mac users but I've just had it with the whole set up
    Shame shame shame...
    So I guess you don't feel much for joining my clan in the future?

Upgrading to Mac OS 10 makes your computer so much more superior compared to Os 9. Even 'quite' old computers like those early iMacs can run OS 10 quite well (although starting up takes some time...).
  6. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 19:18
    thanks but no thanks to the mac upgrade I've just about had it, pc is for me, let me set up tomorrow on my new pc and then i shall contact you about the clan, thats of course it isn't mac users only or is it.......... McClan..hmmmmmmmmmm
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 19:26
    All are welcome. But we might make fun of you, of course...!
    Note, you can always run Virtual PC on your Mac!
  8. Joined
    03 Aug '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 04:15
    FYI, I just upgraded my netscape (form MAC OSX) from 7.1 to 7.2 and now
    everything works fine.

Woohoo!
  9. maryland
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 05:06
    I'm using a webtv browser, and since Thursday Feb. 23, my chessboard has been missing. When I click on a game, a list of options appears, along with a big button titled 'submit move'. But the chessboard on which to make the move is missing. Is this the result of a recent site upgrade? Does this mean that RHP is no longer compatible with WEBTV? Can anyone help me out before I timeout on all my games?
  10. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 16:55
    Hey, to all who have given there time and efforts thankyou my mac situation is finally over 'cause its in the bin, my new PC laptop state of the art thingemibob is just brilliant and of course the new features are excellent, that I feel concludes that the old MAC os 9.2 DOES NOT run the rhp site very well actually it doesnt allow you to move at all, so like me just make life easier and bin it, no upgrades are suitable not safari, not firefox there only suitable for the later edition mac's osx etc
    Thanks anyway to everyone yours sincerly Ronoc.
  11. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 17:42
    Select 'My Board Settings' in 'My Settings' & choose 'Legacy/Mobile' board type. You lose a few features but can continue your game/s.

(I'm using IE 5.1.7 with Mac OS 9.1.)
  12. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 17:49
    well larf that just is a larf 'cause I just don,t care anymore but I am happy you have decided to join in on the debate at the closing stages even if the issues are no longer relivent to me, I'm sure the 9.2 users if there is more than two of us will appreciate the long saught after advice good luck to all those still on the quest for enlightenment, I've just defected to a new god and it is the only way truth and light as far as I'm concerned.....pc for me .
  13. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 18:14
    Chess host , the legacy option was my first of many attempts to right the situation, now because I'm not the best at all the techno stuff, I did involve my wife who is computer literate and yet to no avail, the thing is if larf has found or you have found a way in which the Imac os 9.2 can run the rhp site then great, maybe its just a fault my end, but considering that all other functions are well as are all other sites on my mac and it was only the introduction of the new setup that began the chase for a solution I conclude MY mac doesn't take to it and still doesn't, however be as it may I've bailed out but I'm sure there are others who would appreciate a resolve.....me as said before I'm in pc land now and the grass is greener.......for now.
  14. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 22:07
    I'm running Mac OS 10.4 and Safari 2 - everything works perfectly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree