Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 21 May '07 12:56
    What does the increment time on blitz mean? Is there a FAQ about blitz games?
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 May '07 13:50
    Originally posted by RedChess
    What does the increment time on blitz mean? Is there a FAQ about blitz games?
    If you play a 10/1 game, you get 10 minute game plus one extra second each move you make.

    If you play 1/10 you play a one minute game and get 10 seconds added for each move you make.

    P-
  3. 21 May '07 14:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If you play a 10/1 game, you get 10 minute game plus one extra second each move you make.

    If you play 1/10 you play a one minute game and get 10 seconds added for each move you make.

    P-
    So translated to CC terminology, the first number would be the timebank, and the second number (the increment) would be the timeout time, right? Or does any increment time you don't use get added to the remaining time (e.g. if you had 5 sec increment and only used 2, would the remaining three just be lost, or could you use them on a later move)?
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 May '07 15:11
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So translated to CC terminology, the first number would be the timebank, and the second number (the increment) would be the timeout time, right? Or does any increment time you don't use get added to the remaining time (e.g. if you had 5 sec increment and only used 2, would the remaining three just be lost, or could you use them on a later move)?
    I can't translate that to time bank since you know your time bank in CC before the game starts.

    The increment number in Blitz is added for each move you make. If you have 1 seconds for increment time, you get 1 extra second every time you move. Make 40 moves, get 40 extra seconds minus how long it takes for each move.

    If you make one move a second, you will have the original time throughout the game.

    P-
  5. 21 May '07 15:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I can't translate that to time bank since you know your time bank in CC before the game starts.

    The increment number in Blitz is added for each move you make. If you have 1 seconds for increment time, you get 1 extra second every time you move. Make 40 moves, get 40 extra seconds minus how long it takes for each move.

    If you make one move a second, you will have the original time throughout the game.

    P-
    I was saying that the first number would be the timebank. Like in CC, you know your timebank before the game starts. The increment number is added for each move, just like the timeout time in CC. If you use more than the increment time on one move, you'll start to use up the "timebank", which is for the whole game. My question was what happens if you use less than the increment time on one move. Will you have the same increment time as usual on the next move (which is how it works in CC - if you play a 7 day timeout, but only use one day to move, you still won't have more than seven days for your next move), or will the amount you didn't use on one move be added to the time you have for the next move?
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 May '07 15:40
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I was saying that the first number would be the timebank. Like in CC, you know your timebank before the game starts. The increment number is added for each move, just like the timeout time in CC. If you use more than the increment time on one move, you'll start to use up the "timebank", which is for the whole game. My question was what happens if you ...[text shortened]... will the amount you didn't use on one move be added to the time you have for the next move?
    If I use 5 increment control and take 4 seconds to move each move I would end with more time than I started with.

    P-
  7. 21 May '07 15:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If I use 5 increment control and take 4 seconds to move each move I would end with more time than I started with.

    P-
    I see. That's what I was wondering about. Thanks.