1. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 01:03
    Hello, I am using firefox and linux Ubuntu and I cant see the board in RHP Blitz, is there something I can do to be able to play in this OS.

Thanks
  2. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 19:53
    Originally posted by Superman
    Hello, I am using firefox and linux Ubuntu and I cant see the board in RHP Blitz, is there something I can do to be able to play in this OS.

Thanks
    I have the same problem... I thought it was the flash player not being installed, but I have since updated to the latest version of firefox as well as Macromedia flash. Now it crashes firefox instead of just being a blank page.... I'm not sure which distro of linux I have installed, I'm on a window$ machine right now.

Suggest checking your plugins as a start tho... And nice username... 😉

-J
  3. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by Jamin
    I have the same problem... I thought it was the flash player not being installed, but I have since updated to the latest version of firefox as well as Macromedia flash. Now it crashes firefox instead of just being a blank page.... I'm not sure which distro of linux I have installed, I'm on a window$ machine right now.

Suggest checking your plugins as a start tho... And nice username... 😉

-J
    Thanks for your suggestion, after a lot of reading and sudo commands, I have been able to do this, the first thing you have to do is uninstall the Gnash plug in from the Synaptic manager, and after that follow this instructions:

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
    The fix for this plug in has been released (let's hope that it will last and adobe won't change the md5sum again)
    From the menu:
    System -> Administration -> Software sources -> be sure than you have selected the "main", "universe", "restricted" and multiverse".
    Then go to the Updates tab -> check "security", "updates" and "proposed"
    Now "Close" and "Reload".

after that, do this in the terminal:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge flashplugin-nonfree
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE no.2 ***
    For all of you that *STILL* complain, which repositories do you use?
    Check if your repositories are up to date: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors
    Otherwise, try switching to "Download from" -> "Main server" (at system -> administration -> software sources)
    Close and Reload.

Then do this in terminal:
    sudo apt-get clean
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get remove -y --purge flashplugin-nonfree
    sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

If the above don't work, please post your Ubuntu version release and apt-cache policy flashplugin-nonfree info, it will be easier to track down.

End of quote.

I hope it helps some one else since Ubuntu is being used more and more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree