blitz problem

Standard membernzero
Help 23 Mar '08 22:14
  1. Joined
    21 Oct '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 22:14
    Up until recently I have had no problems with blitz (been using it for about 6 months). However, in the last few weeks blitz has become unplayable for me. Whenever I log on, I see the waiting room and can successfully accept or offer games. However, once the game is started it will lock up about 5 moves in. I'm using Firefox on Linux (Debian Etch). Any ideas? I don't seem to be having the same problem using Firefox on Windows XP. I didn't make any configuration changes that I'm aware of. I guess I'm really wondering if other people are having this problem or if it's on my end.
  2. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 00:56
    Did you see my Thread "Blitz in Ubuntu", I think Ubuntu is a Debian based distribution of Linux so it may be helpful, it is also in the help forum.
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 02:55
    Yeah I saw that thread and no, it doesn't have anything to do with my problem. As I said, it's been working for 6 months and it loads, but then locks up after 5 moves or so. The interface itself doesn't lock up (I can still click the exit button, for instance) but the connection with the server dies.
  4. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    24 Mar '08 17:16
    Well if you can click the exit button then its a different problem, Sometimes it happens to me and I try to message my opponent, so when I write the message and hit enter, the message disappears and never enters the chat screen, then I know its a problem.

It happens to me in Windows and Ubuntu so its not OS related, but if it happens to you every time you play then try to uninstall your plug in and install it again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree