Bug?

Subscriberluxuslurch
Help 22 Oct '11 16:19
  1. Joined
    15 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 16:19
    Hello,

I just browsed through one of my old games, and I think I have retrospectively discovered a flaw in this specific game: Game 6887276

Something very strange happened in the 12th move: Bishop g2 takes pawn on b7, but there's a Knight between them! I did not recognize this at the time of playing and just stumbled about this recently.

Would you mind giving your opinion? Maybe my vision is somehow impaired OR the gamelog might be erroneous?

Thank you very much!
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 16:30
    your vision is fine. the game is aestheically pleasing. proof of artificial intelligence. the computer program preferred art over reality. appreciate your win and know that sometimes the impossible in reality is possible in the virtual world.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 17:35
    <Game Created Nov 12 2009>

At various times in the past game logs of the entire site have been corrupted. This game may have been played in one of those time periods. It is funny to see that Bishop jump. 😛
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    appreciate your win and know that sometimes the impossible in reality is possible in the virtual world.
    Well, thank you very much, but I actually lost this game ;-)

... yeah, I'm pretty sure that this is a bug in the gamelog, because otherwise I would have recognized this a lot earlier, wouldn't I?

Cheers,

Huxley
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 18:06
    Originally posted by huxley
    Well, thank you very much, but I actually lost this game ;-)

... yeah, I'm pretty sure that this is a bug in the gamelog, because otherwise I would have recognized this a lot earlier, wouldn't I?

Cheers,

Huxley
    ahhhhh. . .well then, proof of a massive conspiracy! it's a totally unjust world. RHP is corrupt!!! evil forces are at work. join the cause for GOOD. Help stamp out "jumping bishops"
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 11:48
    If you look at the date, and check other games around this period, you'll find many are also 'corrupted'..a site 'glitch'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree