1. Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 May '10 22:03
    I am quite new here at RedHot Pawn and I love this site, without any doubts this is just the best onlinchess I have visit. But I think it is a little bit unfair that non-subscribers are denied, not welcomed to play in tournaments. Is this fair? I just wonder - I realize that Red Hot Pawn need money to make it go around. But ONE or TWO tournaments for nonscribers should be possible to manage? Or? I am a poor student from Norway, and can`t afford to pay plenty of dollars(...) Everything is expencive when you`re broke... So I would be happy if you can do something about it:-)
    Have a nice day!!
    Sincerly Borge๐Ÿ™‚
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    08 May '10 22:25
    Originally posted by borgeja
    I am quite new here at RedHot Pawn and I love this site, without any doubts this is just the best onlinchess I have visit. But I think it is a little bit unfair that non-subscribers are denied, not welcomed to play in tournaments. Is this fair? I just wonder - I realize that Red Hot Pawn need money to make it go around. But ONE or TWO tournaments for nonscri ...[text shortened]... .. So I would be happy if you can do something about it:-)
    Have a nice day!!
    Sincerly Borge๐Ÿ™‚
    No, non-subscibers can not play tournaments.

However, there are sporadic non-sub tournaments, but they happen once in a few years or something (i dunno).
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 May '10 23:06
    I am quite new here at RedHot Pawn and I love this site, without any doubts this is just the best onlinchess I have visit. But I think it is a little bit unfair that non-subscribers are denied, not welcomed to play in tournaments. Is this fair? I just wonder - I realize that Red Hot Pawn need money to make it go around. But ONE or TWO tournaments for nonscri ...[text shortened]... .. So I would be happy if you can do something about it:-)
    Have a nice day!!
    Sincerly Borge๐Ÿ™‚
    The subscribers here are paying the bills to keep this site as great as it is, so in return they have more benefits. That is more than fair in my opinion.

Why should a non-subscriber be given the same benefits as a subscriber?

Because of the subscribers you have a free basic membership. Be happy!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 May '10 05:04
    I am a poor student from Norway, and can`t afford to pay plenty of dollars(...) Everything is expencive when you`re broke...
    See it this way:

40 dollars a year is something like 10 cents a day. 10 cents, like one krone. Not much, is it? For this krone you can play as much as you want, enter how many tournaments as you want. You can be a member of clans, clubs, play ladders, sieges...

Are you member of a chess club? How much does one tournament cost there? Do you smoke? Ever thought of quitting? Does your mother or your father like that you have a hobby? Can you make them sponsor you? Like an extra birthday present or something?

As I see it - 40 dollars isn't that much, considering it is for a whole year.
  5. Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 May '10 20:01
    You`re right guys. I`m gonna be a subscriber by the time:-) Thanks for response and good advice. Borge๐Ÿ™‚
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '09
    Moves
    15 May '10 14:19
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    The subscribers here are paying the bills to keep this site as great as it is, so in return they have more benefits. That is more than fair in my opinion.

Why should a non-subscriber be given the same benefits as a subscriber?

Because of the subscribers you have a free basic membership. Be happy!
    yeah but seems to me that ads also play a big part in how this site makes money. Obviously this site runs on a dedicated server, but it doesn't seem that resource intensive, only lots of visits and needs to run a good database system like mysql. $40/year may be cheap/day but they're definitely making a profit from it. ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 May '10 15:58
    Originally posted by bjshear
    $40/year may be cheap/day but they're definitely making a profit from it. ๐Ÿ™‚
    And they're worth it. ๐Ÿ™‚
  8. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 May '10 05:05
    If they don't make a profit, why bother with the hassles of running a site at all? Would you?
  9. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    18 May '10 12:46
    Originally posted by bjshear
    ... but they're definitely making a profit from it. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Isn't that the usual point of running a business?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree