1. Joined
    13 Aug '09
    Moves
    15 Nov '09 22:17
    Hello, I have played a few games using the built-in feature to shuffle the back rank according to Fischer's rules (very nice, by the way!). It also allows you to enable or disable both white and black castling to both sides. I'm certain they're enabled, and all the other conditions for castling are met (not in check, king and rook haven't moved, no pieces in the way, not moving through any attacked squares). But I have never been able to castle.

I'm aware that castling in Fischer / Chess960 is rather odd; the king and rook end up in the same positions they'd be in as if they had castled during a standard game. Still, I'm at a loss to figure out why it doesn't work for me.

Has anyone done it? What might I be doing wrong?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 07:28
    Originally posted by tth1
    Hello, I have played a few games using the built-in feature to shuffle the back rank according to Fischer's rules (very nice, by the way!). It also allows you to enable or disable both white and black castling to both sides. I'm certain they're enabled, and all the other conditions for castling are met (not in check, king and rook haven't moved, no pieces in th ...[text shortened]... gure out why it doesn't work for me.

Has anyone done it? What might I be doing wrong?
    Castling is not supported for Fisher games here. Sorry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree