1. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '12 18:53
    I've tried both Safari and Chrome on my ipad and neither of them will open the analysis board in another tab when I click that link. Is there some browser setting on the ipad that is interfering with it that I can adjust?
  2. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 21:24
    Wow, no responses at all???

Does no one else have this issue?

No ideas as to what to do?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by TheSurgeon
    Wow, no responses at all???

Does no one else have this issue?

No ideas as to what to do?
    I'll check out the issue itself later, but I suspect your are blocking pop-ups.

A quick Google revealed :

1 Open the "Settings" menu on your Home screen.

2 Tap the "Safari" tab on the Settings page. The Safari preferences screen loads.

3 Scroll down the page to the "Security" section.

4 Slide the "Block Pop-Ups" switch to the "Off" position.

5 Press the "Home" button to return to your Home screen.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 08:39
    Just testing on iPad 3, and a new tab opens in safari for the analyse board page.
  5. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 14:15
    I first tried enabling pop-ups within the Chrome browser for the iPad and that made no difference. Clicking the analysis board seems to do nothing within that browser. I had similar issues with another popular iPad browser named 'iCab.'

You are correct that enabling the pop-ups in Safari does indeed allow the analysis board in Safari to work. For now I can use Safari for RHP, but this may be something you want to look into. Now that Chrome works on the iPad I suspect many people will prefer that browser because overall Safari still has many limitations and doesn't support a lot of the more modern web design practices very well. It would be good to know why the analysis board fails in other browsers.

Thanks!
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by TheSurgeon
    I first tried enabling pop-ups within the Chrome browser for the iPad and that made no difference. Clicking the analysis board seems to do nothing within that browser. I had similar issues with another popular iPad browser named 'iCab.'

You are correct that enabling the pop-ups in Safari does indeed allow the analysis board in Safari to work. For no ry well. It would be good to know why the analysis board fails in other browsers.

Thanks!
    I will check it out, but Chrome for iPad is not what it first appears. Much about this on the web, but first reference I hit :

"Because Apple restricts the way third-party web browsers can work with iOS, Chrome isn't substantially different from any other mobile web browser. In fact, it's basically just the UIWebView (geek speak for the basic Mobile Safari rendering engine) with a customized skin."

http://mashable.com/2012/06/28/chrome-ios-review/
  7. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 22:27
    Thanks Russ,

That article is certainly enlightening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree