castling

Standard memberGeorgiaboy
Help 22 Dec '05 19:22
  1. Joined
    20 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 19:22
    I tried to castle by moving the king two spaces to the right and my rook will not move, and the king pops back to its original spot. Any suggestions?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 19:28
    Originally posted by Georgiaboy
    I tried to castle by moving the king two spaces to the right and my rook will not move, and the king pops back to its original spot. Any suggestions?
    Just click "Move" after moving the king. The rook will then move automatically.
  3. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 19:291 edit
    The software's smart enough to know that if you want to move the king two spaces, then you must be castling. Just move the king. The rook will be moved for you.

FAQ (frequently asked questions) under the "help" menu my prove useful to you.🙂

Edit: Doh!
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 19:53
    It appears you may not castle. Maybe because there is a piece in the way, at least aiming at the path of the castle. Or you have moved your rook and / or king.
  5. girls imaginations
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 21:24
    you cant castle if your king or rook has moved at all during the game, or if youre king is in check or he cant castle through check, for instance if your opponents bishop is attacking the c1 square you cant castle through that square.
  6. 19th tee
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 14:25
    Originally posted by trallphaz
    you cant castle if your king or rook has moved at all during the game, or if youre king is in check or he cant castle through check, for instance if your opponents bishop is attacking the c1 square you cant castle through that square.
    I dunno! I must be fik. I know HOW to play chess. I know I cannot castle into or out of check and I cant castle across a checked square or if I have moved my king before . . . BUT I STILL CANNOT CASTLE!! My analysis board will allow it but the live board will not. Seems to me I may not be the only one.

Happy New Year to all ChessNuts😀
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 14:35
    Originally posted by Dudley
    I dunno! I must be fik. I know HOW to play chess. I know I cannot castle into or out of check and I cant castle across a checked square or if I have moved my king before . . . BUT I STILL CANNOT CASTLE!! My analysis board will allow it but the live board will not. Seems to me I may not be the only one.

Happy New Year to all ChessNuts😀
    "Just click "Move" after moving the king. The rook will then move automatically."

D
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 15:45
    A useful url:

http://www.timeforchess.com/help/index.php?help=castling
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Dec '05 16:36
    The new board code animates the castle before the move button is pressed - this will hopefully stop this kind of confusion happening again in future.

-Russ
  10. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 03:39
    Originally posted by Russ
    The new board code animates the castle before the move button is pressed - this will hopefully stop this kind of confusion happening again in future.

-Russ
    shut up about the "new stuff" and release it already.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree