Cheat

Standard memberRoosty
Help 25 Feb '09 23:51
  1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    27 Feb '09 16:44
    Well, if it makes you feel better, you obviosly didn't cheat in that game, because as far as I can see, your bishop sack was completely unsound. (Sorry, not trying to be mean, just pointing out that you couldn't have cheated.)

Anyway, your opponent is not only a dick, but is also much more likely to get banned than you are; he has been harrasing you. πŸ™‚
  2. Earth
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 20:301 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Anyone CAN cheat regardless of rating.

Maybe a person can cheat in one or two games here and there??????
    Their rating would hardly be noticeably different.

Pointless maybe; but it is for higher rating players too methinks.
    Has anyone actually assessed this game? If the guy is cheating, and using a computer, it is the sh@😠est computer chess programme ever made, and his opponent played so many crap moves (not least giving away his queen for no discernable reason) that to be called a cheat at the end of this game is quite laughable.
    Roosty my man, no one believes for a minute you are using an engine. Chill my friend.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 21:19
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Has anyone actually assessed this game? If the guy is cheating, and using a computer, it is the sh@😠est computer chess programme ever made, and his opponent played so many crap moves (not least giving away his queen for no discernable reason) that to be called a cheat at the end of this game is quite laughable.
    Roosty my man, no one believes for a minute you are using an engine. Chill my friend.
    What I was saying was: a person can use help from a chess engine for 1 move in a game [for example] and that would still make him/her a cheat.
    And would not show in ratings either.

Not referring to this particular case at all.
  4. Earth
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 20:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    What I was saying was: a person can use help from a chess engine for 1 move in a game [for example] and that would still make him/her a cheat.
    And would not show in ratings either.

Not referring to this particular case at all.
    Apologies Dr Strangelove, I replied to your post when I simply meant to post my comments independently. I was replying to the orignal poster, not you.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 21:19
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Apologies Dr Strangelove, I replied to your post when I simply meant to post my comments independently. I was replying to the orignal poster, not you.
    πŸ˜€ ok No problemo. πŸ˜€
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 21:17
    I agree anyone can cheat no matter what there rating,i`m against someone in a cup game with rating of1200 i`m almost 1600 and i`m being thrashed in both black/white games,i think they don`t normally cheat but decided the only way to progress from 1st rnd of cup against someone with my rating is to use assistance of search engine,convinced of it me.
  7. Earth
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 14:09
    Originally posted by mofferman
    I agree anyone can cheat no matter what there rating,i`m against someone in a cup game with rating of1200 i`m almost 1600 and i`m being thrashed in both black/white games,i think they don`t normally cheat but decided the only way to progress from 1st rnd of cup against someone with my rating is to use assistance of search engine,convinced of it me.
    You wont want me to say this, and you probably wont agree, but having looked at the games in question, i'm not sure he's playing with assistance. Some very human decisions, somtimes quite bad ones. Certainly some very inefficient ones. Game is in progress too, so you (and I) shouldn't be commenting on it.

Given that this opponent has lost 2 in every 3 of his games by timeout, perhaps you simply don't know his true playing strength.

In the past I too got upset by being beaten by much lower rated players in apparently spectacular style, but in correspondence chess you have to consider how accurate a players current rating actually is. And you have to take great care in making accusations - you seem to be thinking up motives on his behalf which is a little difficult if you have never communicated with the guy!
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 19:26
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Game 6023295

Most of the linking codes are listed in the FAQ. To see how I did this one, click on "reply & quote" and you will see the codes.
    (replying to policestate) the game is no longer going on as you can see, white wins, because black resigned.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 23:19
    Originally posted by Roosty
    When he called me a ^%$*^&% cheat, I wrote back that I obviously wasn't a very good one (1311 then!!!!)

Then I noticed I'd been reported, ... Hence my post.

Good shout for sure, forget it!

Cheers
    If anything I thing you should report him for calling you a cheat, which is against the RHP rules.
    I like the way you trapped his queen with your knights. Either checkmate or give me your queen, Nice play. Not much of a blunder on your opponents part, he just missed it, and then calls you a cheat and resigns. LOL Congrats. 😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree