1. USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 15:46
    I think one of the people I'm playing is using an engine, because he's making moves that are very un-human like.

what do I do?😕
  2. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    I think one of the people I'm playing is using an engine, because he's making moves that are very un-human like.

what do I do?😕
    Send feedback at the bottom of the page, don't ever mention the person in the forums mind you, cheating allegations would be removed.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 16:22

what do I do?😕
    No disrespect, but how, at your level, would you recognise un-human moves?

D
  4. USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 16:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    because noone plays like this person is, which is very contradictory to his level, it's what you'd expect a GM to do
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 18:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 18:34

what do I do?😕
    i appreciate what you're saying, i was playing someone who made average moves and then every time he got into trouble he did something amazing!!! any chess player should know how quickly you can pick up on a player's characteristics so spotting a cheat actually isnt that difficult at all but trying to prove it to others is far from easy
  7. USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 01:41
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i appreciate what you're saying, i was playing someone who made average moves and then every time he got into trouble he did something amazing!!! any chess player should know how quickly you can pick up on a player's characteristics so spotting a cheat actually isnt that difficult at all but trying to prove it to others is far from easy
    that's excatly how I feel!!!
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 19:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    I have to agree that at their level it is unlikely that they can determine if their opponent is cheating
    Personally I don't care if my opponent cheats, logically I play chess for enjoyment and to improve my game as I travel the road
    If I win, lose or draw so what, did I enjoy the game, did I learn something, did I remember a rule or combination or did my opponent teach me something ?? If yes so what if my opponent cheated
  9. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 02:21
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    Well there may or may not be something to that. I know I blitz 75% of my moves sometimes, but when I get in positions that are trouble, I'll print out the board and spend up to an hour writing out analysis on the position if I really care about winning that game. I think most of us make our best moves when we are in trouble.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '07 20:59
    Not another thread on a subject discussed so many times. See Thread 67284

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree