1. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 05:37
    Originally posted by plesner
    Hi!

Anybody can answer me this. In my game Dayone vs Plesner (plesner is me), when our pawns has been next to each other, Dayone has been able to move forward AND EAT ME!??!!!!!!!!!!

2 times now, what the f..k is that!

How is that possible??? or don't I know the rules.
    Have you heard the chess term en passant? Click Thread 32478, it's full of good information. Read everything there. It explains a lot of stuff.

"En passant is a special capture made immediately after a player moves a pawn two squares forward from its starting position, and an opposing pawn could have captured it if it had only moved one square forward. In this situation, the opposing pawn may, on the immediately subsequent move, capture the pawn as if taking it "as it passes" through the first square; the resulting position would then be the same as if the pawn had only moved one square forward and the opposing pawn had captured normally. En passant must be done on the very next turn, or the right to do so is lost."
  2. The sky
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 09:09
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I know, it's one of the games affected by the game history problem, and when it was finished, the messed-up game history disappeared completely. Anyway, the end position is correct. Both knights, one of the bishops and the queen are former pawns.
    Here you go: Game 4484427
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 11:47
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Here you go: Game 4484427
    Interesting...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree