1. perth WA
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 19:27
    I`ve had a couple of games now where i`ve been winning on material,(points or pieces)... and the opponent has broken down my defence and keeps checking me..... With one opponent I told them if they checked me yet again i would refuse to move.... but i would have forfeited the game. They offered a draw and I unwillingly accepted.... the moral of this tale... always protect your King where possible. Has anyone else had this disappointment too? 😳
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 22:18
    Originally posted by adam hallsworth
    I`ve had a couple of games now where i`ve been winning on material,(points or pieces)... and the opponent has broken down my defence and keeps checking me..... With one opponent I told them if they checked me yet again i would refuse to move.... but i would have forfeited the game. They offered a draw and I unwillingly accepted.... the moral of this ...[text shortened]... tale... always protect your King where possible. Has anyone else had this disappointment too? 😳
    It's part of the game, draw by perpetual check.
  3. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 03:58
    I`ve had a couple of games now where i`ve been winning on material,(points or pieces)... and the opponent has broken down my defence and keeps checking me..... With one opponent I told them if they checked me yet again i would refuse to move.... but i would have forfeited the game. They offered a draw and I unwillingly accepted.... the moral of this ...[text shortened]... tale... always protect your King where possible. Has anyone else had this disappointment too? 😳
    This is hilarious. It's absolutely hilarious.
  4. perth WA
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 01:06
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    This is hilarious. It's absolutely hilarious.
    It will be for me when it happens to you.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 02:12
    Hey All,
    In normal chess, perpetual check can be done but that is not necessarily a draw. Draw by "repetition of position" is the key argument for a draw. When a position occurs for the 3rd time, the draw is to automatic. As for perpetual check. . .if that is better than losing, then constant checking is in order.
  6. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 11:29
    It will be for me when it happens to you.
    It has happened to me before. I have been on both sides of a perpetual check. But the difference is, I'm not in the forums pissing and moaning about something that is a PART OF THE GAME.
  7. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    01 Feb '06 11:31
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    When a position occurs for the 3rd time, the draw is to automatic.
    The draw is not automatic. Somebody has to claim it. A draw is only automatic when there is insufficient mating material. (or when there's a stalemate)
  8. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 00:34
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    A draw is only automatic when there is insufficient mating material.
    Not on this site.
  9. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 01:56
    Yeah. It took me years of therapy to get over it. I understand the immense amount of psychological and emotional trauma you must be going through right now. For your own good, I hope you seek help soon. Good luck.
  10. Joined
    21 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 11:23
    I've been on both sides of this one - it's part of the game.

How long have you been playing chess for god's sake?
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Feb '06 18:33
    An eminent member of this community would like to suggest fornication with an incensed felis domesticus.

All the best,

D
  12. Small Town Manitoba
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 09:46
    Talk about a lot of pissin and moaning! Two pawns is not as huge an advantage as you have led us to believe. With your defenses broken you are lucky he did not finish you! You had better get mommy to wipe your tears and put a bandaid on it.

GV
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '06 10:56
    Based on my earlier post, consider the draw automatic regardless of whether this system forces the draw after a 3rd time a position exists.

Also, I am wondering why people want to fuss at another person who expresses an unagressive opinion? Are people on this sight going to always criticise others when they are not berating other players?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree