This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 01:29
    Originally posted by impatient
    any guidlines or restrictions on a players chronically timing people out, and winning mostly only games in which they have timed people out? Then wont do a rematch.

WadmasterD plays one day games with no timeback and preys on anyone who goes a minute over. Very few legitimate wins.
    Does the rating take that into consideration? Pretty cheap way to ge ...[text shortened]... o me - no big deal - but in looking at his public games - most of his wins are through timeouts.
    This guy is great, I don't mind it at all. People who like fast games will play him, others will learn not to play them. Perhaps some of those users might gather enough 'mustard' to play his quick game and beat him.

Either way, it is up to us users to decide what games we play. I don't even look at a game unless someone PM's me or I've seen them around the site. Any other game is trash, and have my settings to block most trash games.

I don't even look at open invites, unless someone says there is an interesting game waiting and I want to see it for myself.

P-
  3. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 21:11
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This guy is great, I don't mind it at all. People who like fast games will play him, others will learn not to play them. Perhaps some of those users might gather enough 'mustard' to play his quick game and beat him.

Either way, it is up to us users to decide what games we play. I don't even look at a game unless someone PM's me or I've seen them arou ...[text shortened]... someone says there is an interesting game waiting and I want to see it for myself.

P-
    What pissed me off is he wouldnt rematch. He wanted to take a cheap win and then go hide.
  4. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    24 Jul '06 21:14
    Originally posted by General Putzer
    TOO FUNNY ! A 1000 rated player saying a 1100 rated player is too bad to play.....hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
    If you read the thread instead of being a smartass you would realize that when the poser was saying 'bad' it was in reference to taking timeouts, not skill Einstein! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 10:11
    You guys saying that this guy should stop playing 1/0 games if he doesn't want to get timed out don't get it. If he played anything else his opponents could take more than 24 hours to move. He's impatient and that would be bad.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 14:011 edit
    What pissed me off is he wouldnt rematch. He wanted to take a cheap win and then go hide.
    No big deal you say in your post, but worth pitching a hissy-fit over.

Did you PM this user and ask if you guys could try again, or just send a game with no PM? Perhaps he already started a new game... if you asked nice perhaps he would have time for another game in the future.
  7. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:06
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Wins on time are legitimate. Try re-reading the rules.
    try living in the real world. Obviously I was talking about wins based on chess skill - not based on who just sits by the computer 24/7 hoping someone else actually has a life and misses the 1 day cutoff.

If you consider t/o wins totally legitmate - that says alot about you. You must count on them too, rather than your skill.
  8. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:11
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Its very simple. Don't accept the open invite with a 24hr timeout no timebank if you can't move at least once every 24hrs. Snooze you lose! When someone puts up a open invite with a 24hr timeout and no timebank, Its clear they want to play a fast game. Maybe WadmasterD gets pissed off when his opponents continue not to move when they know he wants a ...[text shortened]... this post in the HELP forum????? No tissue for your tears here. You have to buy your own.
    Uninformed answer. My average move was within minutes until I had to leave town to help a family member in a crisis. You are making alot of assumptions King Poster David. I played very rapidly until that day, then had to leave for one day - then he wouldnt take a rematch. Then I saw he was doing that to alot of people. Is that good sportmanship. Just becuase it is technically within the rules, does not mean it demonstrates any sportmanship, manners or class, especially when a rematch is not accepted.

I find it amazing that so many players support this type of play - I thought people would prefer wins based on skill - I guess not.

As for why it is in the help forum - simply read my initial question!
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:161 edit
    I don't think anyone really enjoys these kind of people. I personally play blitz a lot and win because of time all the time, but it is known by both sides that time is important to one or the other players. Is your goal to get this guy to lose his membership or something? Or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining. I agree that you deserve a rematch, but some people in life are just jerks and we gotta let it roll off our shoulders.
  10. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:43
    Originally posted by BillyB49
    I don't think anyone really enjoys these kind of people. I personally play blitz a lot and win because of time all the time, but it is known by both sides that time is important to one or the other players. Is your goal to get this guy to lose his membership or something? Or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining. I agree that you deserve a rematch, but some people in life are just jerks and we gotta let it roll off our shoulders.
    My goal is to inform other players of his taking quick timeouts, and also to inquire re: if there is any limit RHP puts on this - on if RHP has considering factoring this in to one's rating. i.e. if I have one 10 games, and 7 are from timeouts, should I be rated the same as one who has one 10 games with no timeouts?

An yes, in blitz - timeouts are more expected. Thanks for your post.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:52
    In other chess programs they don't display a history, which makes RHP nice, so one can look at someones rating and decide if it is inflated. In other programs they have seperate ratings for the different types of games, such as blitz, bullet etc, but I don't think that USCF (US chess federation) makes a distinction to what kind of games you play
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 18:12
    My goal is to inform other players of his taking quick timeouts, and also to inquire re: if there is any limit RHP puts on this - on if RHP has considering factoring this in to one's rating. i.e. if I have one 10 games, and 7 are from timeouts, should I be rated the same as one who has one 10 games with no timeouts?

I don't like getting timed out at all... but you know why I did get timed out?

I took too long.

P-
  13. Berks.
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 18:35

I would have thought most players choosing a 1/0 game would take timeouts quite quickly. A game that moves faster is what they (and presumably yourself) want.

As a rough guide the timebank doesn't affect the overall speed of the game too much and gives you some flexibility should something unexpected come up. So play 1/7 instead.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 23:231 edit
    try living in the real world. Obviously I was talking about wins based on chess skill - not based on who just sits by the computer 24/7 hoping someone else actually has a life and misses the 1 day cutoff.

If you consider t/o wins totally legitmate - that says alot about you. You must count on them too, rather than your skill.
    try living in the real world.
    In the real world, if you agree on rules in advance, you're expected to follow them.

Obviously I was talking about wins based on chess skill
    You're rated 1100. What would you know about winning via skill?

not based on who just sits by the computer 24/7 hoping someone else actually has a life and misses the 1 day cutoff.

You bear responsibility for your own scheduling. If you can't be bothered to move every day, then pick a longer time control. Don't blame the opponent for your failure to abide by the agreed time control.

If you consider t/o wins totally legitmate - that says alot about you.

Serious players play with time limits. What it says about me is that I take the game fairly seriously. I play for blood, and I will use any legal means to gain victory.

You must count on them too, rather than your skill.
    Skilled players get good positions, and their opponents drag the game (they hate defending a miserable position, yet they're too proud to resign). Time outs stop the loser from stiffing the winner out of rating points.

Furthermore, I've timed people out in a lost position, because they started up a vacation of inordinate length in the middle of a fast, 1/0 game. What's the point of getting a fast game if someone can take a two-week 'vacation' that allows them to deeply analyze the position??
  15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 00:08
    any guidlines or restrictions on a players chronically timing people out, and winning mostly only games in which they have timed people out? Then wont do a rematch.

WadmasterD plays one day games with no timeback and preys on anyone who goes a minute over. Very few legitimate wins.
    Does the rating take that into consideration? Pretty cheap way to ge ...[text shortened]... o me - no big deal - but in looking at his public games - most of his wins are through timeouts.
    any guidlines or restrictions on a players chronically timing people out, and winning mostly only games in which they have timed people out?

None at all.

Then wont do a rematch.

So what, no obligation and maybe they do not like players they have to time out.

Very few legitimate wins. Does the rating take that into consideration.

All his wins are legitimate.

Happened to me - no big deal - but in looking at his public games - most of his wins are through timeouts

So why post this?

Why did you take your three timeout wins? You have only won 25 games so that means1 in 8 (quite high) have beenillegitimate wins.

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree