1. Scotton Lincolnshire
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 18:39
    Okay, not to do with chess but does anyone know why I can get srround sound when playing a dvd but not from the tv? Some setting or other? Sky system adding complicatons?
  2. USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 15:28
    Originally posted by Forest9
    Okay, not to do with chess but does anyone know why I can get srround sound when playing a dvd but not from the tv? Some setting or other? Sky system adding complicatons?
    You can install an entire how theater system, or you can just get some speakers that can connect to your TV and put those in the back of the room your TV is in (It looks very unsightly with all the wires though) or you could try a Bose sound system.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by Forest9
    Just a wild guess, but if you are using the same speakers and equipment, and you have surround sound with the dvd and don't have it with tv, I would say you aren't getting a surround sound signal coming in with your tv signal.

Or as you already noted, maybe you need to go through your setup for the tv input and see if you missed something there.

I'm not sure what "sky system" is but if that is the people who supply your tv signal, you might try asking them about it if you don't find something that you missed.

(edit) - Do you have a surround sound system or home theater system already installed, with the extra speakers, etc.? The reason I ask is because in my case I have just a standard stereo speaker system that is internal to my tv, but sometimes a dvd will put some impressive sound features out that sound great and it seems to be "surround sound" but is only stereo. I'm not sure how they manage to do that but it's really not surround sound.
  4. Scotton Lincolnshire
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 17:03
    Thanks for replying. I have added the 6 speakers and they work really well from a dvd but the tv is not playing through them- it uses the default speakers on the tv and there is no sound when I try to get it to play through the new system. I have to tell it how to use the other system but have failed dismally. Thanks for the help- did not expect a reply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree