clan forum

SubscriberMontyMoose
Help 20 Jan '11 18:52
  1. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '11 18:52
    I'm recycling an unused clan into what I hope will be a teaching clan with the mission to take 0-1300 rated members, raise them to a consistent 1400+, and then push them out of the nest to make room in the clan for others. Along with tutoring and game critique, I hope to use the clan forum as a depository for study material and tests. Some questions:

I would like to start building up the material in the forum before any members arrive. The clan currently does not have a clan forum and to start a clan forum my clan must have 4 members. If I bring in friends to total 4, start the forum, and then the other three leave, will the clan forum (along with the aforementioned study material) stay in place?

Is "sticky thread" allowed in private forums?

Can you post clickable links to external sites in private forums?

Thanks for the help.

Best, Steve Clan 25074
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Jan '11 19:35
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I'm recycling an unused clan into what I hope will be a teaching clan with the mission to take 0-1300 rated members, raise them to a consistent 1400+, and then push them out of the nest to make room in the clan for others. Along with tutoring and game critique, I hope to use the clan forum as a depository for study material and tests. Some questions:

...[text shortened]... rnal sites in private forums?

Thanks for the help.

Best, Steve Clan 25074
    The forum will not vanish once the 'space filler' users leave the clan.
    There are no 'sticky threads' in a private forum, sorry. A trick to keep it near the top is post a second line, later erase that line and replace it to keep it at the top often as possible.

You can put links in private forums pretty easily.

Message me if you want me to be a placeholder while you fill your forum.

P-
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '11 20:52
    Thanks for the reply. I'll get some of my Pooh buddies to hold the slots.
  4. Standard memberMrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    Over yonder
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 15:56
    How does one go about wiping out all the old threads and starting anew without going post by post deleting them?

Like a "delete thread" option, rather than simply closing it.
  5. Standard memberMrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    Over yonder
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 12:46
    *bump* anybody?
  6. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 20:10
    Originally posted by MrVarnell
    How does one go about wiping out all the old threads and starting anew without going post by post deleting them?

Im pretty sure there currently isnt any option like that. You can either hide posts, or close threads.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 21:28
    Originally posted by MrVarnell

you can hide threads - i did that when i gave my old club up and the threads there no longer exist

sorry for the late response MrVarnell
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 23:00
    I did it to clean out an old clan, but I can't remember how it's done. Some sequence of "close thread" and "hide post" done on the first post, I think, but I've tried recently without success.
  9. Standard memberMrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    Over yonder
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 02:59
    I've tried the combination of close thread and delete post and whatnot. Still have to go through and delete each post one by one if you want the thread to be off the list. Anybody know the magic combination by any chance?
    Thanks to all,
    Ty

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree