1. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 10:06
    Did not find the reason in the FAQ why theres a max of 20 members for a clan?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 11:12
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Did not find the reason in the FAQ why theres a max of 20 members for a clan?
    http://www.timeforchess.com/vote/result.php?voteid=4

or for you

http://www.redhotpawn.com/vote/result.php?voteid=4

It has been discussed plenty since.
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 11:34
    ok, so whats the reason? why not have a max of 100 players a clan? getting clanpoints to easy?
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 11:49
    ok, so whats the reason? why not have a max of 100 players a clan? getting clanpoints to easy?
    Why do football teams have 11 players on the pitch + 5 on the bench?

Why not make it unlimited?

That's the rules. They can be changed to improve matters, but so far for RHP clans no sufficiently robust argument for such a change has been put forward.
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 12:18
    lol why is everyone comparing chess to football?

the answer is btw, that the field would get to crowded😉

you reverse my question, i ask why a limit on it, you say why not?
    I think like, more ppl = more joy. there might be clans that you ar interested in, the clan ppl are interested in you, but theres a maximum.
    besides, the clan thing was created at first, then there was the limit created on it.

so will you try again to answer my question please?
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 12:41
    lol why is everyone comparing chess to football?

the answer is btw, that the field would get to crowded😉

you reverse my question, i ask why a limit on it, you say why not?
    I think like, more ppl = more joy. there might be clans that you ar interested in, the clan ppl are interested in you, but theres a maximum.
    besides, the clan thing was created a ...[text shortened]... , then there was the limit created on it.

so will you try again to answer my question please?
    I answered your question in my first reply.

A vote was put to the RHP community, and the category that received the most votes was that which elected to keep the limit at 20.

Site admin is therefore seen to be mindful of peoples requests for larger clans, but following feedback from the community, left the 20 member limit.

the clan thing was created at first, then there was the limit created on it.

I've been a member here since 2003, and cannot recall a time when clan size was unlimited.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 12:46
    you asked the ''way'' question indeed, after that i asked for the reason, witch in my opinion is still not answered, yea yea the reason is the site poll, but whats the tought behind it from players to vote for that limit?

and what i ment about the creating stuff;
    you make a site, buitl features so u cna play chess, then you add the clanstyle playing feature, then the lmit on members or a clan (is my guesses)
    i think its rather hard to first create a limit for members, and then create the clans feature;p
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 12:58
    you asked the ''way'' question indeed, after that i asked for the reason, witch in my opinion is still not answered, yea yea the reason is the site poll, but whats the tought behind it from players to vote for that limit?

and what i ment about the creating stuff;
    you make a site, buitl features so u cna play chess, then you add the clanstyle playing fea ...[text shortened]... ink its rather hard to first create a limit for members, and then create the clans feature;p
    It would be possible to create the clans feature with a limit on members at the same time (i.e. not releasing the clan code until a limit was in place). It's perfectly possible that on day 1 the clan member limit didn't exist, I wasn't around to be able to answer that.

If you really want to know "why" you'll search the forums to find the discussion threads from around the time of the community vote.
  9. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 13:02
    nah to much time im lazy, better if some1 explains it to me;p

thx tho!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree