Clans

Standard memberRamned
Help 23 Dec '06 01:44
  1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 01:441 edit
    Put any information about what they are especially clan leagues. I have read the FAQ information on them.

Can you not just always choose your best players in clan challenges?
    Are they fun?

Provide your knowledge / opinions about them (clan leagues especially, and are clans ranked? What's the best clan?)
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 01:52
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Put any information about what they are especially clan leagues. I have read the FAQ information on them.

Are they fun?

Provide your knowledge / opinions about them (clan leagues especially, and are clans ranked? What's the best clan?)
    In clan challenges, one clan leader offers a challenge to another clan leader where he pairs up members of his tema vrs. members of the other persons team. Anyone in both clans cannot be paired, people without their setting set to allow clan challenges cannot be paired. Each person can only be paired once, but need not be paired.

The challenged clan leader can review the challenge and accept it, reject it or modify it and offer it back to the original clan leader for review when he has the same three options.
  3. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 01:552 edits

Are they fun?

that I know, zebano, - I read it in the FAQ

It's the above I am curious about
  4. Joined
    22 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 17:21
    well im new here so how do u make a clan?
  5. Joined
    04 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 01:24
    Originally posted by loserdude
    well im new here so how do u make a clan?
    Only subscribers can create or join clans, tournaments and sieges.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:26

Are they fun?

If you are a clan leader, you need to make fair matches. The other leader and you will talk about who's going to play...

If you want to just always put your best out, and they are better than the other clan... no one is going to accept you challenge.

You need to make a fair and reasonable challenge, or no one will play your clan.

I don't really know much about leagues, though I've played a season.

As for normal clan scores, it made it NOT FUN for me. I find it stupid that you can have a winning record, but another clan is playing 10 times more games so they get ‘more points’ making them a ‘better clan’ by score because you get points for draws. Some clans move very fast, and having more games finished will give you more points than a clan that takes their times and wins more by percentage.

Makes it a quantity over quality situation, and I don’t feel that is what chess is about.

P-
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 21:38

Are they fun?

Clan Leagues can be a minefield in my opinion. A clan league would be a team of 6 players and each player would get an opponent from each other clan in that division (2 games each) (as in Tornaments). If you enter a clan league you would have no say of who you get. (so a 1100 player could get a 1800, a 1600 and 2 1400 players - this is my own experience).

You can always play your best players all the time but as has already been mentioned, you wont get many challenges.

I find them fun, i quite enjoy running the Family Guy Clan and it's also fun to be a member of the Dao of Pooh and Silent Majority Clans. You can get to know people and also you get the chance to improve your game which i think has been the case with me.

My advice would be to join a well known clan for a little while and see how you find it as it is individual taste, a lot of subscribers on this site don't want to be in a clan, however, i recommend you join a clan and see how you find it, you can always leave the clan if you don't enjoy it

Thomas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree