clearing

Standard memberSchopenhauer
Help 26 Jun '07 16:41
  1. Joined
    22 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 16:41
    Is it 30 or 36 days vacation / a year ?
    Some people use clearly this "priviledge" because theay are lost, often at one move of being mate, then they "vanish" in the nature for...a certain time.
    When it's obvious that the game is lost, it should be intelligent to review the rules of vacation and evoke the possibility of an abuse. "arbitrage" should be possible in those cases. Nobody has to wait for a mate in one....during 30 or 36 days. This is an insult to opponent's intelligence.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 16:50
    Originally posted by Schopenhauer
    Some people use clearly this "priviledge" because theay are lost, often at one move of being mate, then they "vanish" in the nature for...a certain time.
    When it's obvious that the game is lost, it should be intelligent to review the rules of vacation and evoke the possibility of an abuse. "arbitrage" should be ...[text shortened]... for a mate in one....during 30 or 36 days. This is an insult to opponent's intelligence.
    Some says this is not abuse - only because the system permits it.
  3. Earth
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 17:00
    When it's obvious that the game is lost, it should be intelligent to review the rules of vacation and evoke the possibility of an abuse. "arbitrage" should be ...[text shortened]... for a mate in one....during 30 or 36 days. This is an insult to opponent's intelligence.
    The guy has 11 other games in progress, what makes you think it is a tactic? Maybe he just went on holiday? Unless you know something I dont, to assume he has booked vacation to avoid being beaten next move is a bit of a leap of faith.
    That said it is absolutely forced, and in one, and the guys rating says he should know better and show some courtesy rather than playing on in this position. This is an issue of etiquette, which the rules can ensure to some degree, but never completely.
    I would relax. The game is yours in 33 days, at the very latest πŸ™‚
  4. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 17:44
    Read one of the god-knows-how many-other threads about this. It's the way it works and you can't do anything about it. If you don't like it go and play elsewhere.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 02:05
    ...and you can't do anything about it. If you don't like it go and play elsewhere.
    You CAN do something about it.
    1. Don't play against people who can use it on you unless they agree in advance not to. [or just play non-subs who are not able to "manipulate" the system]
    2.Post a thread in the site ideas forum for your suggested alternative system.
    3. Send feedback regarding your dissatisfaction.

4. Ignore C J Horse, he's not the official public relations department as you can probably tell. πŸ™„
  6. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 02:15
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    I told someone in another thread that it was 30 and was informed by someone else [a moderator] that it was 36 - which is why in the vacation settings it says "0 of 36 days used in 2007"
    I told someone else in another thread that it was 36 and was corrected by someone else who would know about these things [I thought] that it was 30.

So, take your pick.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 07:11
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I told someone in another thread that it was 30 and was informed by someone else [a moderator] that it was 36 - which is why in the vacation settings it says "0 of 36 days used in 2007"
    I told someone else in another thread that it was 36 and was corrected by someone else who would know about these things [I thought] that it was 30.

So, take your pick.
    It's 36. FACT!

But that's for a full year. Anybody who joined at some point in 2007 will have less days.

D
  9. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 11:05
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It's 36. FACT!

But that's for a full year. Anybody who joined at some point in 2007 will have less days.

D
    In that case, I joined in February 16 of this year.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 13:111 edit

So, take your pick.
    Why would you second guess me? Only Pawn Stars can second guess me!

The 36 days I posted was a cut and past direct from my vacation page.

P-
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 13:54
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Why would you second guess me? Only Pawn Stars can second guess me!

The 36 days I posted was a cut and past direct from my vacation page.

P-
    I'm not disputing anything - merely saying what happened. πŸ™
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 13:59
    I'm not disputing anything - merely saying what happened. πŸ™
    Don't worry, I've been wrong before. I thought I had made a mistake.

P-
  13. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 14:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Don't worry, I've been wrong before. I thought I had made a mistake.

P-
    Copying Bowmann's old lines? Is that what you've been reduced to these days?

😞
  14. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 15:04
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Copying Bowmann's old lines? Is that what you've been reduced to these days?

😞
    War is war, loser.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree