Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 01 Apr '11 09:02
    What happens if I have laid out a series of conditional moves, but during that sequence my opponent offers a draw.

    Is the conditional move still played or, ignoring the offer, our is it paused while I decide.

    The Baron
  2. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    01 Apr '11 13:43 / 1 edit
    Well yes, it must happen and I'd imagine the game goes into a form of 'holding mode' the moment the draw is offered and the queued conditional move is disregarded..it has to be . Even if the conditional move is correct, the game is effectively held over unless, of course, you've ticked the 'accept draw if offered' ...I shall have to try this in a friendly game
  3. 02 Apr '11 11:52
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    What happens if I have laid out a series of conditional moves, but during that sequence my opponent offers a draw.

    Is the conditional move still played or, ignoring the offer, our is it paused while I decide.

    The Baron
    The draw offer is ignored unless, when you were setting up the conditional moves, you ticked the "accept draw if offered" option.
  4. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    02 Apr '11 20:21
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The draw offer is ignored unless, when you were setting up the conditional moves, you ticked the "accept draw if offered" option.
    Hmmmm, looks ominously like my copyrighted effort...pay up
  5. 03 Apr '11 15:46
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Hmmmm, looks ominously like my copyrighted effort...pay up
    Nah, my answer was definitive, yours was a little wishy-washy
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    04 Apr '11 10:33
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Nah, my answer was definitive, yours was a little wishy-washy
    Lol, come on then Lord ChickenPants, did my 'wishy washy' affair save the day for you or not...we'll let the Baron decide the definitive response but will he show up here...ohh how the tension builds
  7. 05 Apr '11 11:42
    The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p
  8. 05 Apr '11 12:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p
    Boooo

    Edit. P.S. Just remember who called you Lord Chickenpants - and it wasn't me!
  9. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    05 Apr '11 21:51
    Originally posted by BaronVonChickenpants
    The Baron had decreed a 72/18 acceptance split between the two answers given. I'm not saying which goes to which answer though :p
    Thank you your Lordship, he's boooing as reading between the lines it's plain to see that you favour the wishy washy affair..thank you again Lord Chickenpants ( Pssst: from a fellow 'funny handshaker' )
  10. 10 Apr '11 23:05
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Well yes, it must happen and I'd imagine the game goes into a form of 'holding mode' the moment the draw is offered and the queued conditional move is disregarded..it has to be . Even if the conditional move is correct, the game is effectively held over unless, of course, you've ticked the 'accept draw if offered' ...I shall have to try this in a friendly game
    No, there is no holding mode. The conditional move is made and draw declined unless the "accept draw if offered" is selected.