1. Joined
    19 Jul '09
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 21:12
    I play a move and press "confirm", but the board just reverts to the previous position. Repeating the operation makes no difference. At the moment, I can't play a move on any of the three games that are waiting.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 21:54
    Originally posted by roger stephens
    I play a move and press "confirm", but the board just reverts to the previous position. Repeating the operation makes no difference. At the moment, I can't play a move on any of the three games that are waiting.
    In all your games it is now your opponents move!!!
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 08:45
    Is it possible that you are trying to move the opponent's piece rather than your own? If it was only one game I'd suspect an illegal move, but if it's more than one game that's pretty unlikely.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 23:38
    It's happening again now. It's my move on four of my six games, but no matter how many times I move and click on CONFIRM, the board reverts to the way it was before. I'm not making an illegal move and I'm not in check. It's never happened on the other chess site I play on.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 23:51
    It's happening again now. It's my move on four of my six games, but no matter how many times I move and click on CONFIRM, the board reverts to the way it was before. I'm not making an illegal move and I'm not in check. It's never happened on the other chess site I play on.
    try another browser if on pc etc..are you playing from a fone or some other mobile device, once again, change browser..
    other than this, something fundamental is going on here...
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 00:17
    Aha! The problem seems to be on Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome lets me move. Thanks for the suggestions!
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Aug '11 03:30
    My Firefox is still working, perhaps you have a different setting on something there.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Aug '11 08:10
    When you say you clock on "Confirm" do you mean you are clicking on "Submit move"
  9. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 14:39
    well, it is really the 'submit' button. I periodically have the same problem. And I tried changing browsers but it made no difference. what happens is that I highlite my piece and the desired place to more to - and then I click on submit move. Well my moves are then colored in pink and the opponents moves still retain their color. any ideas???
  10. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 17:35
    If the squares are coloured pink it means that your proposed move is not legal.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 19:22
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    If the squares are coloured pink it means that your proposed move is not legal.
    It's a firefox issue I'm suffering also. I use chrome now at RHP. If it is a setting, I'd like to know what setting is doing it.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree