Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member dsarge30
    Clobberin time!!
    19 Apr '06 18:37
    My friend Oranjeboom (Registered Member) as recently not been able to access RHP at his home.

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/index.php?cookiewarning=true&

    This is what he gets in his Address line and just a white screen.

    Any help on the matter would be very welcome.

    Thank you

    PS. He as tried altering his internet security settings and privacy settings with no joy.
  2. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    20 Apr '06 05:52
    I am not sure but if he cleared the cookies in his internet explorer browser and is using a different browser to play chess he needs to sign on once with his internet explorer browser to reset his cookie to that browser then he should be able to use his other browser. At least that is what happened to me. If I understand correctly.
  3. 21 Apr '06 01:58
    hiya! Thanx for that will give it a try! Meanwhile i'll have to carry on playing at work heehee!!!
  4. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Apr '06 10:32
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I am not sure but if he cleared the cookies in his internet explorer browser and is using a different browser to play chess he needs to sign on once with his internet explorer browser to reset his cookie to that browser then he should be able to use his other browser. At least that is what happened to me. If I understand correctly.
    He needs to do the opposite.

    Delete all cookies and temporary internet files from both browsers. Make sure that cookies are enabled.

    If that doesn't work, give us more details, browser, whats changed, etc.

    D
  5. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    21 Apr '06 17:45
    Originally posted by oranjeboom
    hiya! Thanx for that will give it a try! Meanwhile i'll have to carry on playing at work heehee!!!
    It's not hard to guess what your favourite beer is...
  6. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    21 Apr '06 22:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He needs to do the opposite.

    Delete all cookies and temporary internet files from both browsers. Make sure that cookies are enabled.

    If that doesn't work, give us more details, browser, whats changed, etc.

    D
    Hey rag I have a question for you. It is good to clear all unnecessary cookies from both browsers as you say and also the temporary internet files. And also to make sure that the cookies are enabled. Enabled why? To install a cookie so that the web page will open correct? So how is that the opposite.
  7. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Apr '06 22:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Hey rag I have a question for you. It is good to clear all unnecessary cookies from both browsers as you say and also the temporary internet files. And also to make sure that the cookies are enabled. Enabled why? To install a cookie so that the web page will open correct? So how is that the opposite.
    "I am not sure but if he cleared the cookies in his internet explorer browser and is using a different browser to play chess he needs to sign on once with his internet explorer browser to reset his cookie to that browser then he should be able to use his other browser."

    If you have logged into RHP with IE and want to use Firefox, you have to (if you are experiencing problems) make sure that the IE cookie doesn't still exist. You DO NOT have to go into IE once, as this defeats the purpose.

    D
  8. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    21 Apr '06 22:59
    f you have logged into RHP with IE and want to use Firefox, you have to (if you are experiencing problems) make sure that the IE cookie doesn't still exist. You DO NOT have to go into IE once, as this defeats the purpose.


    Let me see if I understand this correctly.
    1) "If you logged into RHP with IE". and want to use Firefox that would intall the cookie into IE right? That would be the one time I was refering to.

    Because Rag I have just tried it and removed all cookies from both browsers and I have my cookies enabled and when I try to use firefox without the cookie in IE. Firefox will not work on my setup.
  9. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Apr '06 08:03
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Let me see if I understand this correctly.
    1) "If you logged into RHP with IE". and want to use Firefox that would intall the cookie into IE right? That would be the one time I was refering to.
    I give up. Its hard to discuss something with somebody who doesn't make sense.

    D
  10. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    22 Apr '06 09:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I give up. Its hard to discuss something with somebody who doesn't make sense.

    D
    Well I don't know how I can make it anymore clear to you. I am sorry your comprehension is so low. Not only do I have to have a cookie installed in IE for FireFox to work properly I also have to have a cookie for the rhp tray icon to work. For me no cookie is not a solution. It is a problem. Who knows what it is for you. Whichever way works for someone is the solution. Try both.
  11. 22 Apr '06 09:34
    There's a check box under 'My Settings >>>My Site Settings' for allowing you to be logged in from multiple browsers.
  12. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Apr '06 09:50
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Well I don't know how I can make it anymore clear to you. I am sorry your comprehension is so low. Not only do I have to have a cookie installed in IE for FireFox to work properly I also have to have a cookie for the rhp tray icon to work. For me no cookie is not a solution. It is a problem. Who knows what it is for you. Whichever way works for someone is the solution. Try both.
    I apologise for my low comprehension skills. Could you please enlighten me as to what this means...
    "1) "If you logged into RHP with IE". and want to use Firefox that would intall the cookie into IE right? That would be the one time I was refering to. "

    How could you make it clearer for me?
    1) The crappy grammar and spelling makes things harder, but I'll let that pass as it can happen to the best of us.
    2) ""If you logged into RHP with IE". and want to use Firefox that would intall the cookie into IE right?" Assuming, intall means install, how does using Firefox install a cookie into IE?

    I don't know if I'm having difficulty due to your lack of english skills, or due to your lack of technical skills, but I sure am having difficulty.

    I never said that you had to have no cookies, which would imply that I said to delete cookies from IE and from Firefox, and then disable cookies.

    I'll have to agree with your last comment though.

    D
  13. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Apr '06 09:52
    Originally posted by dsarge30
    My friend Oranjeboom (Registered Member) as recently not been able to access RHP at his home.

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/index.php?cookiewarning=true&

    This is what he gets in his Address line and just a white screen.

    Any help on the matter would be very welcome.

    Thank you

    PS. He as tried altering his internet security settings and privacy settings with no joy.
    I get that message if I disable my cookies. When you say "He as tried altering his internet security settings and privacy settings with no joy.", does he know that cookies have to be enabled?

    D
  14. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    22 Apr '06 20:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I apologise for my low comprehension skills. Could you please enlighten me as to what this means...
    "1) "If you logged into RHP with IE". and want to use Firefox that would intall the cookie into IE right? That would be the one time I was refering to. "

    How could you make it clearer for me?
    1) The crappy grammar and spelling makes things harder, but ...[text shortened]... nd then disable cookies.

    I'll have to agree with your last comment though.

    D
    You want to be enlightened.
    1) This is a gramatical quote from your own comment that I copied and pasted to my comment.
    " If you logged into Rhp with IE. and want to use Firefox"

    What I was saying is with cookies enabled the moment you log in to IE or firefox that will reinstall a cookie that the website www.redhotpawn.com needs to be able to open the web site. Now what do you think the reason for enabling cookies would be if you don't need the cookie for www.redhot pawn.com in IE? Now it might be possible to load a page in firefox without a cookie being in IE but there is no technical conflict if you have a clean download and upgrades of both browsers.

    Now I can see that clearing a cache that is full is a necessary thing. I can also see that clearing all cookies would help if a cookie might be corrupt or outdated and need to be reinstalled but to say that firefox will not work as you did if there is a cookie in IE from www.redhot pawn.com installed and that it defeats the purpose is (Technically junk advise). If you need a copy and paste of your words it can be provided.

    Now as far as the typo is concerned my apologies. My eyes are bad and my fingers are fat, and I don't always proof read every letter of every word because most people can figure it out, so not much I will do about that. And if punctuation bugs you, let it be known I am better than some others on this site you don't criticize. But I confess to needing to improve.
    Here is another quote of yours,

    "I never said that you had to have no cookies, which would imply that I said to delete cookies from IE and from Firefox, and then disable cookies. "

    Huh, then how is the cookie going to get there if you don't put it in by signing on to www.redhotpawn.com? Huh you did say to delete the cookies. Huh, neither one of us said to disable cookies.

    Rag go hit your self in the head a couple of times and you will be OK. Better yet, Get back in the kickboxing ring and see if you can get an adjustment.
  15. 24 Apr '06 16:55
    Thanks to all who replied with their advice on this matter. I got onto technical support , they first tried the lan settings and changed address code! After that did not work they suggested changing iexplorer to firefox and i got on first time! Now i can go back to playing crap chess! Hahahaha