1. Standard memberLahaina
    Cruel sun
    20°53' N, 156°40' W
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:53
    Does the webmaster stops the running times when he's busy on the chesspage, or do the time always run?

If yes, what happen if it's my turn to play, then it come currently unavailable, then my time is out. My opponent got a chance to "skull" me before I can come back...

If my question isn't clear enough, (sorry I usually speak french), please be kind to tell it and I'll try to rewrite it in a better way. 🙂
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 15:51
    Originally posted by Lahaina
    If my question isn't clear enough, (sorry I usually speak french), please be kind to tell it and I'll try to rewrite it in a better way. 🙂
    Je vous comprend perfectionnement et je suis completement d'accord avec vous.
  3. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 16:21
    Originally posted by Lahaina
    Does the webmaster stops the running times when he's busy on the chesspage, or do the time always run?

If yes, what happen if it's my turn to play, then it come currently unavailable, then my time is out. My opponent got a chance to "skull" me before I can come back...

Usually the timeouts are suspended when there is an outage (say, for 24 hours). As this one was unplanned, I am not sure whether they have been reset. Hope this helps.
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 07:57
    It's up to the webmaster to decide whether to 'stop the clock'.

Once upon a time, the site would go down at the same time every day for a little while. Now, though, the site SHOULD run 24 hours a day. So this is only going to be a problem when something goes wrong and the administrators have to fix things.
  5. Joined
    11 Jul '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 09:46
    Hi
    pls, can u tell me to whom can i say that a player is using a computer?
    tnks for the help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree