Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 03 Aug '08 20:30
    When I am playing a large number of games and leave the site open, when further moves are made by an opponent my position defaults to the last move but one! If I play the same move again it comes up as an illegal move and shows the opponents next move and I can proceed. If I select a different move it is accepted even though my opponent has made a move I havn't seen. This has had disasterous consequences for me and has resulted in even more losses than I usually have. Has anybody come across this before and how do I fix it.
  2. 03 Aug '08 20:33
    Originally posted by CASSIUS
    When I am playing a large number of games and leave the site open, when further moves are made by an opponent my position defaults to the last move but one! If I play the same move again it comes up as an illegal move and shows the opponents next move and I can proceed. If I select a different move it is accepted even though my opponent has made a move I hav ...[text shortened]... even more losses than I usually have. Has anybody come across this before and how do I fix it.
    Clear the cache.
    Restart your browser, and/or your computer.
    Don't block cokies.

I've never seen this symptoms and I'm using Vista and Explorer.
    What are you using?
  3. 04 Aug '08 00:49
    Bumping from my thread "refresh?":

31 Jul '08 19:20 :: 0 recommendations
    Strange problem for the last 3-4 days when I access my games. A good 90%+ of the time when I click on a game waiting I get the previous position. I use the green arrow refresh button and the game restores to the correct position, but I am having to do this almost everytime. Also the analyze board button often takes me to the previous position even after I get the submit move board fixed. Win XP and IE if that is any help. Thanks in advance for the help.

Best,
    Steve

end bump

It is now literally EVERY game I have to hit refresh to get the correct position. I've gotten into the habit of it, but it is a pain and I worry I am going to drag over a bad move from the analyze board and submit it.