1. Joined
    19 Feb '12
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 22:31
    Sorry kewpie, I saw that after I posted the first time so then I edited it.
  2. Joined
    11 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 19:20
    The reason why I want to delete my account?
    I found out security on the internet isn't what it should be, and what I thought it would be when I was younger.

More and more people I know personally became victim of internet crime. Hacked accounts, virtual identity theft, stealing credit card numbers,...
    It made me realise that we are not very careful with our privacy and security on the internet.

Also the fact that more and more sites become victim of data thieves (even the PS network) shows that we have to watch out.

OK, so what has red hot pawn has to do with it?
    A simple google search brought me here. I forgot about this site really fast (I use another site for chess games).
    But if a simple google search can link this account to my identity, it's another easy step for thieves who wants to get to my more important accounts. The use of similar passwords and logins is dangerous, but who is not using the same password for different sites?
    I changed it already, but the fact I don't use this site, and this site doesn't need my password and other data, why shouldn't I be able to delete my account?
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 19:40
    Originally posted by Brechtvr
    I found out security on the internet isn't what it should be, and what I thought it would be when I was younger.

More and more people I know personally became victim of internet crime. Hacked accounts, virtual identity theft, stealing credit card numbers,...
    It made me realise that we are not very careful wit ...[text shortened]... site doesn't need my password and other data, why shouldn't I be able to delete my account?
    Send a feedback to admin. Ask them to terminate your account.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jun '12 19:56
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Send a feedback to admin. Ask them to terminate your account.
    Use lots of cuss words, and remember they love Irish jokes. 😕
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 03:53
    Last Moved 10 Dec '05 18:28
    Subscriber No
    Joined 11 December 2005

curious me...
    how does one join on the 11th of december, then move twice on the 10th???

i sense a time lord in our presence, no wonder he would like to be deleted...
    rookie
  6. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 08:21
    Originally posted by rookie54
    Last Moved 10 Dec '05 18:28
    Subscriber No
    Joined 11 December 2005

curious me...
    how does one join on the 11th of december, then move twice on the 10th???

i sense a time lord in our presence, no wonder he would like to be deleted...
    rookie
    It was the 11th of December in Europe when he moved, but still the 10th of the December in the U.S.A.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 15:17
    Originally posted by Brechtvr

It made me realise that we are not very careful wit ...[text shortened]... site doesn't need my password and other data, why shouldn't I be able to delete my account?
    Foolish. Let me guess, you google searched your name you're using on other sites and this popped up. Next you go to the public forum to complain when all you had to do was send feedback and ask the admins to change your old user name slightly.

So if there were any security concerns with RHP coming up searching the name you use all over the web they were caused by YOU just now by pointing out your non existent problem.

Good work.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 09:01
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Foolish. Let me guess, you google searched your name you're using on other sites and this popped up. Next you go to the public forum to complain when all you had to do was send feedback and ask the admins to change your old user name slightly.

So if there were any security concerns with RHP coming up searching the name you use all over the web they were caused by YOU just now by pointing out your non existent problem.

Good work.
    Lol.

I'm hiding over here....OVER HERE!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree