1. Joined
    13 May '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 19:24
    i see in the faq that if my opponent quits playing, eventually i see a skull and then can claim the win.

but is there anyway to delete the game without actually claiming a win from someone that's not playing any longer?

just delete it and go on about my business?

thanks.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 00:20
    You can only delete a game if there is an icon of a trash can beside it. All non clan/tournament games have a trash can available until each player has made about 3 moves, after that point it is only a win or timeout that brings a game to its conclusion.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 10:33
    Originally posted by louwilkinson
    i see in the faq that if my opponent quits playing, eventually i see a skull and then can claim the win.

but is there anyway to delete the game without actually claiming a win from someone that's not playing any longer?

just delete it and go on about my business?

thanks.
    As long as you see the trashcan you can't claim a win since the game is deemed not enough developed.
    The advice is: click the trashcan and go on, or if you feel like it wait fopr your opponent to reappear. Some of my games slept for several month between moves (Look up my skull collection)
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 16:17
    Just click on the skull and move on.
  5. Joined
    13 May '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 17:56
    ok...thanks.

there's no trashcan....the game is up to 30 moves...

it just didn't seem right to take a win when my opponent didn't lose so much as disappear....
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 18:10
    Originally posted by louwilkinson
    ok...thanks.

there's no trashcan....the game is up to 30 moves...

it just didn't seem right to take a win when my opponent didn't lose so much as disappear....
    You leave, you lose... You can always archive the game, just keep in mind your game count will be off if they never return.

If they do return, they can probably move and claim a win.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree