1. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 00:09
    I have repeatedly asked 2 players to remove their games and they have not done so. how do i delete these games that I do not wnat started?
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 00:37
    Originally posted by Larry111
    I have repeatedly asked 2 players to remove their games and they have not done so. how do i delete these games that I do not wnat started?
    Go to your My Games page. If there's a trach can by the game you want deleted click on that and the game will be deleted.
    If there is not a trash can beside the game you want deleted you have made over 3 moves on the game and you must finish the game out, or you can just resign the game.
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:18
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Go to your My Games page. If there's a trach can by the game you want deleted click on that and the game will be deleted.
    If there is not a trash can beside the game you want deleted you have made over 3 moves on the game and you must finish the game out, or you can just resign the game.
    That needs to be looked at. I got a guy that says he moves "all day". Yet he moves maybe once every three days. I should be able to boot him.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:36
    Originally posted by Black Talon
    That needs to be looked at. I got a guy that says he moves "all day". Yet he moves maybe once every three days. I should be able to boot him.
    Perhaps your time controls need to be looked at. If you give someone days to move, they can take days to move. If they make the game, don't take the game if the time control is too slow.

P-
  5. Joined
    12 Mar '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 02:54
    Well, when someone displays the icon that they move "all day" and then they don't, and don't claim a time out, then they should get booted. I don't need to look at anything, thank-you. Players that say one thing and do another should not be allowed to tie up other players.
  6. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 08:32
    Well, when someone displays the icon that they move "all day" and then they don't, and don't claim a time out, then they should get booted. I don't need to look at anything, thank-you. Players that say one thing and do another should not be allowed to tie up other players.
    People will play according to the time constraints on the game they are playing in. If you're giving out games with long timeouts, then expect slower games.
    Moving according to the time controls is nothing to get booted for.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 08:54
    I don't ever rely on their Move Frequency setting.

If I want to know how frequent they actually move I look at their profile and look them up in Player Table, where I can see how many moves they've done this monthe in relation to others. I see how many games they have and relate to how many games they finish.
    In short - I do some research about my opponent-to-be.

My proposal is that new information is introduced in the Player Profile:
    How many moves a player do per day on average.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 12:052 edits
    This is a correspondence chess site. If you want your opponents to move more often on your games you have to have shorter time controls on your games. If they don't move in time you win by claiming a timeout.
    I'm sorry to say that you tied yourself up in a game with long time controls. No one else tied you up. If your opponent is moving within the time you two agreed upon before the start of the game you have nothing to complain about.
    There are many players on this site that have hundreds of games in progress at one time. And they display the "move all day" icon. And they do move all day. But they might not move on our game everyday.
    I like faster games myself. And I wish alot of my opponents would move more often. And I know sometimes it can be frustrating. But it is something you are just going to have to learn to deal with on a correspondence chess site.
    Otherwise you are just going to have to play chess OTB. Or follow some of the suggestions in the pervious posts of this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree