1. Joined
    06 Jan '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 12:43
    I was challenged by another player, but I wasn't able to play. Only one move had been made (by the challenger). I resigned the game thinking that since it was less than 3 moves, it wouldn't count. Well, it seems that it does count.

Is there a way to delete the game now (as I apparently should have done)?
  2. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 13:37
    Go to the 'My Games' button and scroll down to the game. There should be a trash can which you can click.
  3. Joined
    06 Jan '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 13:56
    Nope, no trash can. Just a folder to archive the game.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 14:18
    Originally posted by randolph
    Go to the 'My Games' button and scroll down to the game. There should be a trash can which you can click.
    Nope, that's only while the game is in progress. Once you've resigned, you've resigned.

Richard
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 22:26
    Originally posted by Mombak
    I was challenged by another player, but I wasn't able to play. Only one move had been made (by the challenger). I resigned the game thinking that since it was less than 3 moves, it wouldn't count. Well, it seems that it does count.

While there is no way to delete the game as you should either have "Trashed" it or claimed the timeout victory by "clicking the skull" it will have no affect on your overall rating.

However it will appear as a loss in your win/loss/draw profile.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 23:26
    Originally posted by Mombak

Once you resign the game you have lost it, and all you can do is move it into your archive folder. If less than three moves were made the resigned game will not count as a rated game and your rating will not change, but the win/loss data will be changed because it is still a loss if you resigned it.

When a game is first created, either player can delete it without penalty, but that option is only available until white makes their third move.

If the delete option is used the game will just vanish as if it never existed. There will be no change in statistics or rating for either player.

You will see a trash bin displayed on the right side of the "My Games" page for any game that can be deleted. Click on it to delete the game. Once the option to delete is gone, the trash can also is gone.

I hope this information is useful for you.
  7. Joined
    06 Jan '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 07:28
    Thanks everyone. I guess this is a lesson learned for me. 🙁

At least my rating hasn't changed...
  8. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 20:44
    7641228 Topaz 135

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree