Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 17 Sep '09 21:52
    I was looking at the membership page and it uses a 3rd party payment system so my question is does this redhotpawn website get my info or does it stay with the 3rd party payment company?

    Will redhotpawn have my name, credit card # and address?
  2. 17 Sep '09 21:54 / 1 edit
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    18 Sep '09 09:51 / 1 edit
    Your CC info is stored safely as 2checkout.com. This information is not available to anyone outside of 2checkout.com. Your name and address is available should we choose to inspect your order.

    2checkout.com is a long standing internet payment gateway (Established in 1999) , and their business is keeping such details secure. We have used them without incident for 7 years.
  4. 22 Apr '10 15:11
    Originally posted by howdoesthehorseymove
    I was looking at the membership page and it uses a 3rd party payment system so my question is does this redhotpawn website get my info or does it stay with the 3rd party payment company?

    Will redhotpawn have my name, credit card # and address?
    I read the very long and obscure "Privacy" information by 2checkout.com. It appears to me they do not agree to restrict their use of RHP subscribers information hardly at all. At one place they say they may use our personal information to solicit business from prospective customers of their services.

    I don't want my information given to SPAMMERS. I sure as hell don't want my address=, phone number, email address, or absolutely my credit card number given out to "prospective customers" period. I will quit RHP and sue if such stuff happens.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Apr '10 15:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by carjacker
    I read the very long and obscure "Privacy" information by 2checkout.com. It appears to me they do not agree to restrict their use of RHP subscribers information hardly at all. At one place they say they may use our personal information to solicit business from prospective customers of their services.

    I don't want my information given to SPAMMERS. I su iven out to "prospective customers" period. I will quit RHP and sue if such stuff happens.
    http://www.2checkout.com/documentation/privacy.htm

    We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Statement are effective upon posting. Please check back periodically for updates. If at any point we decide to use Personal Information in a manner that is materially different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this new manner.

    Did you get a message from www.2checkout.com saying they were ready to share your info?

    I did not, I doubt the admins of RHP did either.

    What brings this thread to the top? What is your 'beef'?

    I am sure the admins here at RHP would make a site announcement if they were to start using our info.

    Again, what's got the hair on your neck standing?

    P-
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    22 Apr '10 15:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    http://www.2checkout.com/documentation/privacy.htm

    We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Statement are effective upon posting. Please check back periodically for updates. If at any point we decide to use Personal Information in a manner that is materially different from that stated at the time it was colle ...[text shortened]... ey were to start using our info.

    Again, what's got the hair on your neck standing?

    P-
    I'd imagine it's this section:
    Use of Personal Information

    2Checkout may use and disclose Personal Information or Prospect Information as described in this document. In addition to the uses described in this document, we may use Personal Information or Prospect Information for purposes that include maintaining the Web Site, order fulfillment and administration, and product surveys, administrative and analytical purposes like accounting, billing and audits, and information system management, and other, similar uses. We may also use Personal Information or Prospect Information to provide current and potential customers and suppliers with information about our services.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Apr '10 16:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I'd imagine it's this section:
    [b]Use of Personal Information

    2Checkout may use and disclose Personal Information or Prospect Information as described in this document. In addition to the uses described in this document, we may use Personal Information or Prospect Information for purposes that include maintaining the Web Site, order fulfi ...[text shortened]... current and potential customers and suppliers with information about our services.[/b]
    [/b]
    Don't these two sections seem to contradict each other?

    How would you translate your BOLD text into my native language of American?
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Apr '10 16:44
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I'd imagine it's this section:
    [b]Use of Personal Information

    2Checkout may use and disclose Personal Information or Prospect Information as described in this document. In addition to the uses described in this document, we may use Personal Information or Prospect Information for purposes that include maintaining the Web Site, order fulfi ...[text shortened]... current and potential customers and suppliers with information about our services.[/b]
    [/b]
    Collection of Personal Information or Prospect Information



    2Checkout may collect Personal Information from you, but only if you provide it to us voluntarily. We also collect Personal Information that you provide to our suppliers, which they pass on to us so that we can fulfill your order. You must provide Personal Information in the form of a unique identifier (username, password) to enter certain parts of our web site. In addition, in certain situations, such as when a purchaser buys a product as a gift and supplies the recipients’ name and address, we collect Prospect Information.