1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 06:19
    Does an member know that he is in my ignored list?

I'm currently very annoyed by a member sending me disturbing over-the-board messages.
    Is it any way to block theese? Now or in the near future?
  2. Joined
    22 Mar '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 07:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

I'm currently very annoyed by a member sending me disturbing over-the-board messages.
    Tell him during your game with him that if he keeps on sending anymore messages you will report him to the game mods. That is what I would do. Just tell the guy play and be silent!
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 09:37
    Apparently the in-game messages aren't blockable..............yet.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 12:05
    Originally posted by the admin in site announcements
    Only when they try to send you a message or try to take one of your games.

-Russ
  5. Swansea
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 14:13

who is it?just wondered as ive had a couple of weirdos sending me stuff trying to put me off winning games recently😠
  6. London
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 17:001 edit

the people on your "ignore list" will know that they are on the list: if they attempt to send you a message or challenge you to a game, a message will pop up explaining this to them.
  7. London
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 17:03

they will remain on your list for as long as you keep them on that list.
  8. In your face
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 16:53

If you don't let people know that you would rather not have them send you messages, then how do expect them to know that you don't appreciate it?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 17:23
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    If you don't let people know that you would rather not have them send you messages, then how do expect them to know that you don't appreciate it?
    He annoys me, he doesn't harass me. He just makes comments how near he is to win and brags about it, laughing, and such. For short, I want to block his comments.

Of course I can tell him to stop but I think it's his type of humor. I find it childish and immature, but he perhaps find me sensitive and have not any humor. I don't want to start a debate with him about it, I just want to play chess, nothing else.

I don't mind playing chess with him - I just don’t want to have his annoying comments.

And - no - I don't tell his name. It's about integrity, not punishment.
  10. Joined
    22 Mar '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 08:32
    He annoys me, he doesn't harass me. He just makes comments how near he is to win and brags about it, laughing, and such. For short, I want to block his comments.

Of course I can tell him to stop but I think it's his type of humor. I find it childish and immature, but he perhaps find me sensitive and have not any humor. I don't want to start a debate wi ...[text shortened]... oying comments.

And - no - I don't tell his name. It's about integrity, not punishment.
    Whoever he may be, it is possible that he wants to distract you and lose your concentration and well, hoping to win the game from your mistakes. Just tell him off straight in the face that one more word and you are going to report him to the mods.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree