1. Joined
    11 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 May '08 04:59
    My opponent and I have agreed to reset pieces to a previous position to play from there, and we don't want to finish the game from the point we were at. If I archive the game and forget about it, will I lose (it's my turn) when the time runs out, and will my rating be affected?
  2. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    15 May '08 06:33
    Yes - you will lose.

Why don't you agree to a draw?
  3. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    15 May '08 13:42
    Archiving will not cancel the game, nor will it timeout unless your opponent clicks the skull icon. It will remain a game and use one of your six available games until you win,lose or draw. As suggested above best idea is draw it and then archive.

-J
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 May '08 13:58
    Originally posted by Arga Warga
    My opponent and I have agreed to reset pieces to a previous position to play from there, and we don't want to finish the game from the point we were at. If I archive the game and forget about it, will I lose (it's my turn) when the time runs out, and will my rating be affected?
    As was stated, best is to call it a draw. If you both leave the game active in the archive next to move could time it out at any time, or if left alone, you will be limited to 5 active games with a 6th in the archive.

Call it a draw, or the decided loser of the position should resign. Otherwise, finish the game if you can't agree on these options.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree