Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 02 Feb '16 18:27
    It seems that when I hit 'send' or 'post' only ONCE, that my messages or posts submit twice. What needs to be done for this to stop?
  2. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    02 Feb '16 23:08
    Send feedback. Link at bottom of page.
  3. 02 Feb '16 23:23
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Send feedback. Link at bottom of page.
    Thank you for the advice.....I just sent feedback.
  4. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    08 Feb '16 12:20
    Originally posted by chaney3
    It seems that when I hit 'send' or 'post' only ONCE, that my messages or posts submit twice. What needs to be done for this to stop?
    Happens to me now and then, the only reply I got from Feedback was "have you deleted the uninetntionally created one?"
  5. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    08 Feb '16 12:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Happens to me now and then, the only reply I got from Feedback was "have you deleted the uninetntionally created one?"
    Which is a pretty stupid question, given that we can't delete our own posts or threads in public forums.

    Unofficially, I use the banned-word trick - edit my post by adding a known banned word such as s***, which causes robomod to delete the whole post for me.
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    09 Feb '16 17:20 / 1 edit
    I've reproduced this in testing (when using IE). It should not be possible, so I'll be working out what is going on over the next few days.

    edit : Can you confirm if using Internet Explorer please?
  7. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    10 Feb '16 13:03
    I believe this issue has now been resolved. If you experience a double forum post or PM, then please send feedback.
  8. 10 Feb '16 18:44
    Originally posted by Russ
    I've reproduced this in testing (when using IE). It should not be possible, so I'll be working out what is going on over the next few days.

    edit : Can you confirm if using Internet Explorer please?
    Hi Russ ....

    I am using IE11 on Windows 10 platform.
    Also, noticed that when I submit a post, I am taken to the Forum home page in stead of returning to the thread.
    Happens only sporadically.

    And you may have fixed this with the double-posting issue (related?)
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    11 Feb '16 10:23
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Hi Russ ....

    I am using IE11 on Windows 10 platform.
    Also, noticed that when I submit a post, I am taken to the Forum home page in stead of returning to the thread.
    Happens only sporadically.

    And you may have fixed this with the double-posting issue (related?)
    Please let me know if this happens now - it is part of the same issue.
  10. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    13 Feb '16 06:48
    Doesn't happen for me
  11. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    13 Feb '16 06:48
    Doesn't happen for me
  12. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    13 Feb '16 06:49
  13. Subscriber HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    04 Mar '16 19:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Which is a pretty stupid question, given that we can't delete our own posts or threads in public forums.

    Unofficially, I use the banned-word trick - edit my post by adding a known banned word such as s***, which causes robomod to delete the whole post for me.
    I tried s*** but it didn't work.