Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 05 May '09 08:41
    How many moves does a KING has to travel to conclude a game as draw if only a KING is on the board for a player ? Is it 15 moves ?
  2. 05 May '09 08:50
    Originally posted by Chesslad
    How many moves does a KING has to travel to conclude a game as draw if only a KING is on the board for a player ? Is it 15 moves ?
    There are no special rule for a sole king. 50 moves rule apply.

Can the otherside mate? Meaning if he has material enough to mate him? No? Then it's draw already.
  3. 05 May '09 10:42
  4. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    05 May '09 11:20
    lmao - i will be VERY surprised if this ends up a draw
  5. 05 May '09 12:06
    Originally posted by Chesslad
    If the king can get to each of the four corner squares he can claim a draw.
  6. Subscriber Mctayto
    Highlander
    05 May '09 12:27
    I guess the fact that this game is in progress does not count as both players are under 1500 rating and black has only a king ??
  7. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    05 May '09 12:39
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I guess the fact that this game is in progress does not count as both players are under 1500 rating and black has only a king ??
    no one has commented on a particular move or provided outside assistance other than to answer his question.

although I suppose my comment is the closest to "advice" outside of this and may be what you are referring to but I cant see how this will have any reflection on the outcome of the game.

i didnt say it could or could not happen - only that i would be surprised if it did.