Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 19 Jun '09 17:31
    I get email notices from one opponent fine but not from another. I have reset my settings to no avail. Suggestions? Thanks.
  2. Subscriber Silverstriker
    DANGER MOUSE
    19 Jun '09 18:48
    Originally posted by nightflight
    I get email notices from one opponent fine but not from another. I have reset my settings to no avail. Suggestions? Thanks.
    are you sure everyone is sending them?
  3. 20 Jun '09 04:27
    Thanks for the reply. I thought they always go unless the recipient turns them off? Can the person who just moved turn them on and off? And how does one send a reminder? Thanks again.
  4. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    20 Jun '09 11:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by nightflight
    Thanks for the reply. I thought they always go unless the recipient turns them off? Can the person who just moved turn them on and off? And how does one send a reminder? Thanks again.
    A reminder is only sent if your opponent clicks the small envelope icon against the game on the "my games" page.

It will only appear against a game when the timeout has been reached but there is timebank remaining (I think!).
  5. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    20 Jun '09 19:02
    I never send them. They are just irritating.
  6. Subscriber Mctayto
    Highlander
    20 Jun '09 23:43
    Originally posted by coquette
    I concur
  7. Subscriber Silverstriker
    DANGER MOUSE
    20 Jun '09 23:45
    Originally posted by coquette
    agree

the most annoying ones are the 21/28 games and the icon appears after 2 days - i just ignore the yellow envelopes these days
  8. 21 Jun '09 04:28
    Thanks everyone but I seem to have confused things. I did not mean anything about reminders. My problem is the initial notice sent when the Submit move button is clicked. I get them from one opponent all the time, but they are intermittent from the other. Any ideas?
  9. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    21 Jun '09 07:16
    Try clearing the checkbox (or boxes) from the MySettings>MyEmailSettings, allowing it to update, then put the tick (or ticks) back in and update again.
  10. 28 Jun '09 05:15
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Try clearing the checkbox (or boxes) from the MySettings>MyEmailSettings, allowing it to update, then put the tick (or ticks) back in and update again.
    Yes, good idea. I did that, even logging out and back in but no luck. Another data point, if he includes a message I receive a proper move notification email, if he doesn't I don't. And this is the third game with this behavior.
  11. Standard member John of Reading
    Scotch addict
    28 Jun '09 05:43
    Are the messages ending up in a spam trap somewhere?
  12. 28 Jun '09 17:49
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    Are the messages ending up in a spam trap somewhere?
    Not being trapped by spam filter. When he includes a message it works.