1. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 21:15
    Game id : 5789115

I opened a new game and set the pieces as 1.d4..And an opponent accepted my game. So I'm turn but I can't make a move (1.d4)...I click "submit move" button but no change, always it's my turn.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 21:24
    Originally posted by HektorX

I opened a new game and set the pieces as 1.d4..And an opponent accepted my game. So I'm turn but I can't make a move (1.d4)...I click "submit move" button but no change, always it's my turn.
    It is your opponents turn in Game 5789115
  3. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 21:281 edit
    On the board it's my opponent turn. But in my games it's my turn.
  4. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 22:24
    As I understand you, you set up a "set piece" game as if 1.d4 had been played. Did you also switch the game to be "black to move", or is the idea that white is starting this game with an extra move?

What happens if you try to make another move as white?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 04:08

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then.😀
  6. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 06:18
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    As I understand you, you set up a "set piece" game as if 1.d4 had been played. Did you also switch the game to be "black to move", or is the idea that white is starting this game with an extra move?

What happens if you try to make another move as white?
    Yes, you're right. I played another move (1.e4) and accepted. On the board I see white has 2 move, black no move. But in the game history white has one move (1.e4)...I think there is a corruption.
  7. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 12:541 edit
    Yes, you're right. I played another move (1.e4) and accepted. On the board I see white has 2 move, black no move. But in the game history white has one move (1.e4)...I think there is a corruption.
    There is no corruption.

When you start a game from the "set piece" option, you can set the board up however you want - the start position you choose does not form part of the move history.

You've set up a set piece game with a white pawn on d4 as the starting position and you set the option that it was white to move.
    So it is correct that the only move in the game is your move of 1. e4

[this is why set piece games are never rated].

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree