Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 13 Apr '10 15:30
    Is there any way to set my profile so that the just moved squares are not that awful brain-wrangling green colour?
  2. Standard member yo its me
    watch the acid...
    13 Apr '10 19:17
    What's wrong with green?!

No, not a way to change the green of recently moved pieces, that I know of.
  3. 13 Apr '10 19:33
    Hurts my eyes man. Like some sort of migraine hallucination. No one else have that problem?
  4. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    13 Apr '10 19:48
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Is there any way to set my profile so that the just moved squares are not that awful brain-wrangling green colour?
    Maybe if you screw around at "My Settings" -> "My Board Settings"....I doubt its possible tho...
  5. 13 Apr '10 19:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Maybe if you screw around at "My Settings" -> "My Board Settings"....I doubt its possible tho...
    I too think that is impossible.

I remember the good old days when screens were mono chromatic. Purely black and white, with shades of gray. Also the amber VDU's, sometimes they were not even graphic, only alphanumeric. Those were the times.

Have you tried to do some illegal moves? Then the square turn pink. That's a color I don't like.
  6. 13 Apr '10 23:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I too think that is impossible.

I remember the good old days when screens were mono chromatic. Purely black and white, with shades of gray. Also the amber VDU's, sometimes they were not even graphic, only alphanumeric. Those were the times.

Have you tried to do some illegal moves? Then the square turn pink. That's a color I don't like.
    not a good thread for my favorite colors... just need someone to come in and bad mouth purple to complete the set.
  7. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    14 Apr '10 01:30 / 1 edit
    I didn't like the colours much when I started, but after a few games you don't notice them any more. Unless you're using the Wood Tile board, that makes everything look poisonous.

{edit} Just been experimenting with boards, if you use the Olive Grove board the green highlight looks quite OK.
  8. Standard member orion25
    Art is hard
    14 Apr '10 20:39
    Originally posted by trev33
    not a good thread for my favorite colors... just need someone to come in and bad mouth purple to complete the set.
    Man do I hate purple.
  9. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    16 Apr '10 00:54
    I've kept that olive green board, it grows on you after a while, the greens are rather nice.
  10. 16 Apr '10 18:03
    Originally posted by orion25
    Man do I hate purple.
    I'M OFF TO TOP MYSELF NOW :'(
  11. 17 Apr '10 01:01
    Originally posted by trev33
    I'M OFF TO TOP MYSELF NOW :'(
    I'm not familiar with this slang phrase. Does it refer to a sexual act?
  12. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    17 Apr '10 05:59
    I can't think of anything worse than the Green highlighted just moved squares.
  13. 17 Apr '10 09:49
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I'm not familiar with this slang phrase. Does it refer to a sexual act?
    lol! No, it means self-termination.
  14. 12 Jun '10 06:10
    what i want to know is if there is a way to change the background color, not of the board but the whole page, the bright white is starting to cause me headaches, lol ... seriously though, i would like to tone the white down somehow, any suggestions
  15. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    12 Jun '10 15:00
    Originally posted by doug989
    what i want to know is if there is a way to change the background color, not of the board but the whole page, the bright white is starting to cause me headaches, lol ... seriously though, i would like to tone the white down somehow, any suggestions
    That is possible.
    "My Settings" -> "My Board Settings" give enough options that result in a less bright white.

If that still isnt good enough you could try screwing around with your monitor settings:p