Fen

Standard memberAyreH
Help 22 Sep '15 18:45
  1. Trabuco , CA, USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 18:45
    I have looked at the faqs where FEN is described. It seem that if one wants the FEN one must determine it. Could RHP add an automatic reporting of the FEN, updated for each position, as one moves through the game history, or through the analysis board. The present FEN reported in the game history only given last move in the game and not for the displayed position. The analysis board gives no FEN designation.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 08:08
    Originally posted by AyreH
    I have looked at the faqs where FEN is described. It seem that if one wants the FEN one must determine it. Could RHP add an automatic reporting of the FEN, updated for each position, as one moves through the game history, or through the analysis board. The present FEN reported in the game history only given last move in the game and not for the displayed position. The analysis board gives no FEN designation.
    This would be a suggestion for "Site Ideas", maysbe some Greasemonkey programmer could do that also if Russ has no time.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 20:29
    Originally posted by AyreH
    Could RHP add an automatic reporting of the FEN, updated for each position, as one moves through the game history, or through the analysis board. The present FEN reported in the game history only given last move in the game and not for the displayed position.
    Quick workaround: get the PGN, paste it into, e.g., Chesspad, or another favourite chess program, walk through the game in that, and get the PGN from there.
    But yes, it would be a decent addition to the site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree