1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 00:33
    Can someone help me get my Java to work with http://www.chesslab.com and online chess with Yahoo?

I want to view database games on chesslab. I also want to be able to play chess on Yahoo using the JAVA that I have.

I currently use Firefox 28.0. For some reason Firefox may block me using Java even though I try to correct any security settings to stop blocking chesslab. I don't use Internet Explorer 11 much. I also don't want to get rid of Firefox 28.

Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 10:32
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Can someone help me get my Java to work with http://www.chesslab.com and online chess with Yahoo?

I want to view database games on chesslab. I also want to be able to play chess on Yahoo using the JAVA that I have.

I currently use Firefox 28.0. For some reason Firefox may block me using Java even though I try to correct any security settings to s ...[text shortened]... much. I also don't want to get rid of Firefox 28.

Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?
    Subscribe to RHP first. Then we'll tell you.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 01:04
    If I am not wrong, I have tried to fix my Java situation within Firefox and/or Java, but I don't know how to fix it on my own. Would someone be able to help me?
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 00:24
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    If I am not wrong, I have tried to fix my Java situation within Firefox and/or Java, but I don't know how to fix it on my own. Would someone be able to help me?
    What's the model number?
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 02:42
    I am still looking for help with getting JAVA to work with both Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 28. I am thinking that Firefox 28 is blocking the use of the interactive games board for the database of games on http://www.chesslab.com.

How do I get this fixed?

The JAVA version, I guess, is Update 7 U55
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 02:51
    Why don't you try asking Chesslab.com? It's their problem, not ours.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 05:56
    Kewpie,
    I don't know if it is Java, or Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chesslab.com who is causing the problem.

I have put in internet address exceptions for Java's Control Panel, but that doesn't work either.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 13:332 edits
    Whichever of those three it may be, it's not RedHotPawn, is it? Maybe if chesslab.com aren't helpful you should try Firefox or Java or IE forums.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree