1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    24 May '06 02:042 edits
    For some reason the links for websites in posts have stoped working in my browser. It used to highlight in yellow and underline and I could click on them to send me to a new web page. I can't remember how I got it to do that before. This seems to easy for me to forget what to do but...πŸ˜•

Firefox/1.5.0.2
    Windows Xp Home Edition
    Build 2600 xpsp_2_Service Pack 2
    I.E 6.0.2900
  2. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    24 May '06 02:49
    Maybe you had the 'linkification' extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/190/
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    24 May '06 04:111 edit
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Maybe you had the 'linkification' extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/190/
    The only difference I can see, is it is not highlighted in yellow. All I can say is, once again I think you are a genius. And I thank you very kindly for your expertise and help. What I have to do now is try to find out why it just up and died on me, and try and prevent it from occurring again. The extension didn't appear to be installed in my list of extensions. Yet, it looked familiar to me, so I do believe it had been installed. I cant think of a thing I did to mess it up. But, I am sure it must have been something I did. Once again thanks. πŸ™‚
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    24 May '06 12:45
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    The only difference I can see, is it is not highlighted in yellow. All I can say is, once again I think you are a genius. And I thank you very kindly for your expertise and help. What I have to do now is try to find out why it just up and died on me, and try and prevent it from occurring again. The extension didn't appear to be installed in my list of ...[text shortened]... ng I did to mess it up. But, I am sure it must have been something I did. Once again thanks. πŸ™‚
    When new versions of extensions are released some of the older versions tend to fall off the wagon and stop working until you upgrade them, so that could be the cause.

Also, if you've ugraded to a newer version of the browser then that can cause problems with some extensions too.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 15:411 edit
    Is the icon lit up down along the bottom of the page?

If not, maybe you just need to turn it back on [by clicking on the icon] - mine does that sometimes too.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 May '06 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Is the icon lit up down along the bottom of the page?

If not, maybe you just need to turn it back on [by clicking on the icon] - mine does that sometimes too.
    Ouroboros got me straightened out on the link extension. Not sure why it disappeared but...thanks anyway, everyone your comments are helpful and make a lot of sense. If you are talking about the grease monkey icon. No, that wasn't the problem. But it might have been, I suppose had I not already checked it. But I have also noticed the flag script doesn't seem to be functioning properly. It was a hover to name the country of origin script I believe, and now it doesn't seem to work. I tried to delete it and reinstall it with no luck. Is it still functioning on everyone Else's FireFox browser?
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 May '06 14:02
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    When new versions of extensions are released some of the older versions tend to fall off the wagon and stop working until you upgrade them, so that could be the cause.

Also, if you've ugraded to a newer version of the browser then that can cause problems with some extensions too.
    Thanks, makes sence.
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    25 May '06 14:38
    But I have also noticed the flag script doesn't seem to be functioning properly. It was a hover to name the country of origin script I believe, and now it doesn't seem to work. I tried to delete it and reinstall it with no luck. Is it still functioning on everyone Else's FireFox browser?
    It takes awhile to load since it is a large script. Wait a few seconds and then try hovering over the flag.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    25 May '06 14:46
    Ouroboros got me straightened out on the link extension. Not sure why it disappeared but...thanks anyway, everyone your comments are helpful and make a lot of sense. If you are talking about the grease monkey icon. No, that wasn't the problem. But it might have been, I suppose had I not already checked it. But I have also noticed the flag script doesn' ...[text shortened]... t and reinstall it with no luck. Is it still functioning on everyone Else's FireFox browser?
    I believe Dr Strangelove was talking about the linkification icon, not the Greasemonkey icon. The linkification extension doesn't have anything to do with Greasemonkey. The linkification icon should be on the same bar as the Greasemonkey icon. It's just a grey circle when it's off. Normally it turns on automatically if there is a link, but I once had to click it to linkify the links. But it never highlighted the links in yellow, so you probably either had a different extension which for some reason stopped working, or it was an outdated version, as Daemon Sin suggested.

The flag script still works for me.
  10. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    25 May '06 18:14
    Hey, I broke the flags script by accident. I was working on a different version and it accidentally got pushed to me FTP server. I've changed the script and you get it at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp_flags.user.js

Make sure that you do a shift-reload to grab the newest version and not one from your local cache.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 May '06 23:461 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I believe Dr Strangelove was talking about the linkification icon, not the Greasemonkey icon. The linkification extension doesn't have anything to do with Greasemonkey. The linkification icon should be on the same bar as the Greasemonkey icon. It's just a grey circle when it's off. Normally it turns on automatically if there is a link, but I once had to clic ...[text shortened]... r it was an outdated version, as Daemon Sin suggested.

The flag script still works for me.
    Ah, I believe that you are probably right. I didn't realise what Dr. Strangelove was saying, I just assumed he understood that I no longer had the linkification extension since I had to reinstall it. But I had forgotten what actually made it work. Ha ha. It had just stopped working. And even disappeared from my extension list. But what Ouroboros had me install was what I had been using. And I was aware of the difference between extensions and Grease Monkey scrips. (not that I understand how to write it) But thanks for the tips I understand now what he must have been saying. Evidently the yellow highlight was something else again. I don't really care about that though. It is probably what caused the problem in the first place. It is interesting thought that your flag script is working seeing as how Ouroboros has discovered that the script had been broken. Humm. It's a mystery. Thanks for explanations though.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    25 May '06 23:52
    It is interesting thought that your flag script is working seeing as how Ouroboros has discovered that the script had been broken.
    I haven't updated the script recently, so the script I am using is not broken.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 May '06 23:56
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Hey, I broke the flags script by accident. I was working on a different version and it accidentally got pushed to me FTP server. I've changed the script and you get it at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/rhp_flags.user.js

Make sure that you do a shift-reload to grab the newest version and not one from your local cache.
    Ouroboros, Thanks once again for your fine work and expertise. I caught your discussion in the developers forum and that took care of the issue once again. You are a true Computer God in my book. Another job well done. You really deseve a lot praise for all the hard work you have done. Can I have an autograff? 😡
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    26 May '06 00:02
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I haven't updated the script recently, so the script I am using is not broken.
    I see, Well I suggest that you do some updating then. Ouroboros has really got some good stuff going, and made a lot of improvements with his scripts. Everything you need at your finger tips. Almost plays the game for you.πŸ˜€
  15. The sky
    Moves
    26 May '06 00:06
    I see, Well I suggest that you do some updating then. Ouroboros has really got some good stuff going, and made a lot of improvements with his scripts. Everything you need at your finger tips. Almost plays the game for you.πŸ˜€
    I have updated or newly installed some of the scripts, I just haven't updated the flag script. Has it changed? I thought it had just been repaired.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree