1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 14:34
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Whether someone is a sub or a non-sub is competely irrelevant to most things about this site, especially when it comes to the forums.

To say that a non-sub is posting rubbish in the forums is all very well, but to say that it is rubbish BECAUSE they are a non-sub is pretty tenuous. There are fools amonst the subs too, you know.

How about we all stop car ...[text shortened]... y counts? Which in the forums is probably only for questions about clans, tournaments and recs.
    Hear hear, I'll drink to that. 🙂
  2. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 16:01
    non subs aren't allowed to drink 😉
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 18:49
    Originally posted by MIODude
    non subs aren't allowed to drink 😉
    can't afford to.😀
  4. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 22:14
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    So you would consider it a privilege to become a mod???

Stopping non-subs from posting in the forums would be counter productive for the site in general. Some of the better stuff in here is posted by non subs.
    And as I have stressed [dunno where you are reading] non subs, on the whole are not complaining about what they do or don't get.😴
    Most moaning comes from subs....about non subs.[other than the cheats issue of course] 🙄
    I would say that you had to show some sort of commitment to the community, and the only real way of doing that is through a subscription.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 05:52
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    I would say that you had to show some sort of commitment to the community, and the only real way of doing that is through a subscription.
    This is exactly what I said back on page one.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 07:071 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    There are surely other ways to show commitment to something without throwing money at it.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 07:23
    There are surely other ways to show commitment to something without throwing money at it.
    Mods are mods. They don't moderate comments by nonsubs any differently than they do those by subs. At times they can be frustrating but we love them (except Phlab, I hate his ugly mug).

A case could be made for more mods however choosing to give the responsibility to nonsubs (most of which haven't been here all that long) rather than to subs who have been here and contributing to the forums for a very long time (some of them years) would be downright snubbing them.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 07:391 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Mods are mods. They don't moderate comments by nonsubs any differently than they do those by subs. At times they can be frustrating but we love them (except Phlab, I hate his ugly mug).

A case could be made for more mods however choosing to give the responsibility to nonsubs (most of which haven't been here all that long) rather than to subs who have ...[text shortened]... buting to the forums for a very long time (some of them years) would be downright snubbing them.
    Well yes good points,
    so how's about a new sub-mod with resposibility for the protection of the rights[?] of non-subs?

edit:I just know someone's gonna say they aint got no rights.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 07:58
    Well yes good points,
    so how's about a new sub-mod with resposibility for the protection of the rights[?] of non-subs?

edit:I just know someone's gonna say they aint got no rights.
    That is part of the job of the current mods. It would also be the job of any future mods. We don't need a nonsub mod to do a job that the current mods already do.
  10. London
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 08:02
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    This is exactly what I said back on page one.
    Great mind think alike.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree