Game Bug

Standard memberDuckboy
Help 26 Nov '08 21:25
  1. Joined
    22 Apr '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 21:25
    Hi,

Please see Game I.D. 5680757. My opponent resigned, but I lost the game, Tourney and rating points. Is there any way this could be reversed? I've spoken to Hotwheelz my opponent, who is happy with this.
    Regards,
    DB
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 21:29
    Originally posted by Duckboy
    Hi,

Please see Game I.D. 5680757. My opponent resigned, but I lost the game, Tourney and rating points. Is there any way this could be reversed? I've spoken to Hotwheelz my opponent, who is happy with this.
    Regards,
    DB
    Game 5680757 - yep - there´s definitely something gone wrong with that.
  3. home
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 21:32
    Nice loss :'(
    Definitely smth wrong. Could be linked to the cond. moves, maybe?
  4. The sky
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 21:44
    Hi,

Regards,
    DB
    It may be the same bug as in Thread 104227. Send feedback (link at the bottom of the page).
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 22:34
    Hi,

Regards,
    DB
    When you say your opp. resigned - did they do that when it was their move or not? This could be important in working out what went wrong.
    As Nordlys had pointed out, this happened recently so I suspect the recent roll-out of new code could have introduced a bug somewhere.

IS it right that this happened at 19:55 GMT? - Russ seems to imply that he found the bug in the validation code and posted as such at 10:50 GMT. Either he's wrong in his findings or there is more than one bug.
  6. Joined
    22 Apr '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 16:15
    Regarding this game, I've sent off feedback and the reply and quote, but not heard anything back. Do I just need to wait or am I missing some other way of getting this sorted by the administrators?
    Regards
    db
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 16:39
    Regarding this game, I've sent off feedback and the reply and quote, but not heard anything back. Do I just need to wait or am I missing some other way of getting this sorted by the administrators?
    Regards
    db
    Dealing with it now.

I will post an update here shortly.
  8. Joined
    22 Apr '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 17:12
    Originally posted by Russ
    Dealing with it now.

I will post an update here shortly.
    Hi Russ,
    Thanks for fixing this, but I've still lost 30 odd rating points from the original game. Is it possible to have these reinstated to my rating or have I lost these for good?
    Regards,
    db

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree