1. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 03:45
    It's happened twice now. The games haven't been locked. In one I had just got a new queen, the second I had five pawns and three pieces and was one move away from mating him. I moved a pawn and a draw came up without my consent. How so?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 04:221 edit
    Originally posted by The Pillager
    It's happened twice now. The games haven't been locked. In one I had just got a new queen, the second I had five pawns and three pieces and was one move away from mating him. I moved a pawn and a draw came up without my consent. How so?
    I see that two of your games was ended in a stalemate. In these cases it is automaticly draw, no consent needed.

The two games in question are Game 5289622 and Game 5434037. In both cases you didn't give you opponent a possibility to move any piece, he just couldn't. Therefore it is stalemate by FIDE rules. You must make sure that he is able to move somewhere. If not... this is the result.

Read more about stalemate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalemate
  3. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 05:19
    Thank you,
    I get it now, I'll be more careful in finishing now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree